Angel Food Ministries to accept orders today
Angel Food Ministries food orders are being taken from 9 to 11 a.m. today at Christ Lutheran Church, 475 North Ave. W. Orders will also be taken from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 3, from 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 8, from 9 to 11 a.m. Oct. 9, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 10 and from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Oct. 23.
All orders will be available for pickup from 9 to 11 a.m. Oct. 30. Participants no longer have to bring their own boxes or containers when picking up orders. All food is now preboxed.
Angel Food Ministries is a nonprofit, nondenominational organization that provides grocery relief. Families of all income levels can participate; there are no income requirements. The cost is $31 per signature box, which retails for about $60. Various specialty boxes are also available at different prices.
For information, call (352) 796-8331. Orders can also be made online at www.clcfla.org.
Central High panel meets Tuesday night
Central High School will have a School Advisory Council meeting at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the media center.
The school is at 14075 Ken Austin Parkway. For information, call (352) 797-7020.
Man of La Mancha auditions next week
Auditions for the musical Man of La Mancha will be at 7:30 p.m. Friday and 1 p.m. Oct. 2 at Stage West Community Playhouse, 8390 Forest Oaks Blvd.
Roles are available for 16 men, five or six women, and chorus members. Those auditioning should be prepared to sing. There will be cold readings from the script.
For information, contact the director, Barbara Everest, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (352) 683-4302.
Driver safety classes are offered near you
AARP Driver Safety Program classes will be offered at these locations in October. The six-hour class is $12 for AARP members (bring membership card) and $14 for nonmembers.
• 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Oct. 6 and 13, Spring Hill Enrichment Center, 11375 Cortez Blvd., behind Oak Hill Hospital. Call (352) 666-4044 to register.
• 9 a.m. to noon Oct. 8 and 15, Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 6193 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call (352) 596-9193 to register.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 9, Brookridge Club House, 8150 Hampton St., west of Brooksville. Call (352) 666-2246 to register.
• Noon to 3 p.m. Oct. 12 and 14, Forest Oaks Lutheran Church, 8555 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill. Call (352) 797-7497 to register.
• 9 a.m. to noon Oct. 12 and 14, Jerome Brown Community Center, 99 Jerome Brown Place, off Darby Lane, Brooksville. Call (352) 799-3370 to register.
• Noon to 3 p.m. Oct. 19 and 21, Ridge Manor Community Center, 34240 Cortez Blvd., Ridge Manor. Call (352) 797-9193 to register.
• 9 a.m. to noon Oct. 20 and 27, Spring Hill Enrichment Center. Call (352) 666-4044 to register.
Vendors sought for arts and crafts event
Vendors can make reservations through Thursday to participate in the annual Sonshine Arts and Crafts Festival, which will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 6 at Christ Lutheran Church, 475 North Ave. W.
The cost is $15 for an indoor table or outdoor space. Proceeds benefit youth group projects. Crafters receive free coffee throughout the day. Bakery items, soup and sandwiches, and drinks will be available.
The event is sponsored by the Mary Martha Guild. For information or to reserve a space, call (352) 382-7332.