Grant lets libraries offer laptops, forms
The Pasco County Library System is the only library in Florida to win an E-Government grant to help serve the public.
The government uploads forms every day onto its Web site for easier and more widespread access.
Part of the grant purchased laptop computers for each branch of the library system. Call (727) 861-3020 to make an appointment to use the equipment or with any questions.
People can access the resources from home computers by visiting pascolibraries.org. Click on favorite links and click E-Government sites under the government heading.
Beginning Monday, Nancy Fredericks, the E-Government service manager for the Pasco County Library System, will make weekly visits to each branch of the library system.
She will be at:
• Hudson library from noon to 2 p.m. Thursdays. Call (727) 861-3024;
• Regency Park Library from 3 to 5 p.m. Thursdays. Call (727) 861-3049;
• Centennial Park Library from 3 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays. Call (727) 834-3204;
• South Holiday Library noon to 2 p.m. Tuesdays. Call (727) 834-3331;
• Hugh Embry Library in Dade City from noon to 2 p.m. Mondays. Call (352) 567-3576;
• Land O'Lakes Library from 6 to 8 p.m. Mondays. Call (813) 929-1214; and
• New River Library in Zephyrhills from 3 to 5 p.m. Mondays. Call (813) 788-6375.
Speaker to focus on workplace injuries
The Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce will have its general membership meeting at 11:30 a.m. Jan. 14 at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 20735 Leonard Road in Lutz.
The speaker is Anthony Rosa, compliance assistance specialist for the U.S. Department of Labor-OSHA.
During the meeting, Rosa will give an overview of OSHA with a brief discussion on statistical trends on workplace injuries and fatalities.
Cost is $10 for chamber members who RSVP or $13 at the door.
For reservations, call (813) 909-2722 by Jan. 12.
Hugh Embry Library will sell used books
The Friends of the Library Used Book Bazaar is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Hugh Embry Branch Library, 14215 Fourth St., in Dade City.
For more information, call (352) 567-3576.
VFW Post 10167 hosts blood drive Jan. 20
The VFW Holiday Post 10167, 4619 Bartelt Road in Holiday, will have a blood drive from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Jan. 20.
All donors will receive a free wellness check-up.
Call (727) 938-5877.