The 153rd Brooksville Founder's Week Celebration will be Oct. 11-18 in downtown Brooksville.
The celebration will include these programs and events:
• Victorian Tea: noon to 4 p.m. Today-Friday, Brooksville Woman's Club, 131 S Main St. The cost is $7. Call (352) 848-7988 or (352) 584-0479.
• Victorian Flower Arrangements by the Brooksville Garden Club: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Today-Friday, at the City Hall Art Gallery, 201 Howell Ave.
• Heritage Museum tours: noon to 3 p.m. Oct. 14-18, 601 Museum Court. Call (352) 799-0129.
• Historic Train Depot Museum: noon to 3 p.m. Today-Saturday, Russell Street Park, Russell Street. Call (352) 799-0129.
• Cane weaving demonstration with Kathleen Barnes: noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday at Brooksville Woman's Club; and 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Oct. 18 at Main Street Eatery, 101 N Main St.
• Walking Tour of Brooksville Cemetery: 6 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. This is a brisk walk that includes stories and legends of the people of Brooksville's past. The cost is $3, to benefit Belle Letters Writers group. Call (352) 799-3147.
• Free pizza on the courthouse steps with Bay Area Commuter Services: 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Hernando County Courthouse, 20 N Main St. Call (813) 282-8200.
• City Hall Art Gallery Reception: 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, City Hall, 201 Howell Ave. The event will include the Great Brooksvillian ceremony and birthday cake. On exhibit is paintings by David Rivera, which are reminiscent of the Highwaymen artists, capturing scenes of old Florida at a time before growth and development. Call (352) 544-5407.
• Family Fireside Storytelling and Open Mic Night: 6:30 to 9:30 Friday, U.U. in the Pines Retreat Center, 7029 Cedar Lane, east of Brooksville. Cost is $5, to benefit Belle Letters Writers group; children under 10 free. Bring instruments. Call (352) 799-3147.
• Contemporary Christian Music: 6:30 to 9 p.m. Friday, Rising Sun Cafe, 10 S Main St. Call (352) 848-0090.
• Market on Main Street: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, along Main, between Broad and Liberty streets. There will be strolling musicians, clowns and birthday cake. Call (352) 797-9330.
• Gem mining activity with the Withlacoochee Rockhounds: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, at the Market on Main Street.
• Love Your Neighbor farmer's market: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, in front of the court house, 20 N Main St.
• Love Your Neighbor flea market: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, American Legion, 208 E Fort Dade Ave.
• Mural dedication of The Livery Stable: 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday, at north wall of Antique Sampler Mall, 31 S Main St., viewable from Liberty Street. Speakers include Mable Sims and the mural artist Ellen Snyder.
The Founders Week Celebration is presented by Brooksville Business Alliance and sponsored by Progress Energy, Hernando County Tourist Development Council, the Brooksville Belle, Hernando County Fine Arts Council and the City of Brooksville.
For information, call Sally at (352) 650-8948 or go online at www.brooksvillebusiness.com.