meals, snacks free at schools this Summer
The U.S. Agriculture Department will provide free meals and snacks to children in low-income neighborhoods this summer. Kids 18 and under can visit public schools that will serve neighborhood children as well as those enrolled in summer programs. Here are the school sites, dates and locations for North Pinellas:
• Belleair Elementary YMCA program, 1156 Lakeview Road, Clearwater (June 10-Aug. 5, lunch 11 a.m.-noon, snack 3-4 p.m.).
• Dunedin Elementary, 900 Union St., Dunedin (June 23-July 25, breakfast 7:45-8:30 a.m.).
• Eisenhower Elementary, 2800 Drew St., Clearwater (June 10-Aug. 5, breakfast 7:45-8:30 a.m., lunch 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.).
• High Point Elementary, 5921 150th Ave. N, Clearwater (June 23-July 25, lunch 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.).
• High Point Elementary R-Club (June 10-Aug. 5, lunch 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., snack 3:30-4:30 p.m.).
• Kings Highway Elementary R-Club, 1715 Kings Highway, Clearwater (June 10-Aug. 5, lunch 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., snack 3:30-4:30 p.m.).
• Oak Grove Middle R-Club, 1370 S Belcher Road, Clearwater (June 10-Aug. 5, lunch 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., snack 3:30-4:30 p.m.).
• San Jose Elementary, 1670 San Helen Drive, Dunedin (June 10-Aug. 5, breakfast 7:45-8:30 a.m., lunch 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.).
For information, call (727) 547-7155.
Fishing events for kids, adults set
Get your rod and reel ready: the city of Oldsmar is holding two annual fishing events Saturday. Kids ages 5-16 are invited to bring their own fishing poles and bait to the Kids' Fishing Derby from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. at the R.E. Olds Park fishing pier. The event includes a casting contest and prizes for the biggest catch. Meanwhile, adults can try their luck at the Adult Fishing Tournament from 8 a.m. to 12 noon at Mobbly Bayou Wilderness Preserve, 423 Lafayette Blvd. Shore fishing and boat fishing is allowed. Both events are free and open to the public. For information, call (813) 749-1260.
E-mail graduation photos for gallery
Share your serious — and silly, too — graduation photos with tampabay.com. We'll highlight them in our community photo gallery. (Go to pics.tampabay.com, then click on the "grads" link under "schools" on the left.) Here's how it works: E-mail your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org; make sure to include your name and a photo description in the body of the e-mail.
Program helps in storm readiness
The Pinellas chapter of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill will hold an education program at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Hospice of the Florida Suncoast, 5771 Roosevelt Blvd. The topic will be hurricane preparedness. The guest speaker is Patricia Elliott from the Suncoast Center for Community Mental Health. For information, call (727) 791-3434 or visit www.nami-pinellas.org.