chihuly, casino, hockey trips on february slate
Looking to get out? The CARES Travel Department has announced its lineup of trips for February.
• Feb. 7: The Dale Chihuly Collection in St. Petersburg. Lunch at your own expense. Bus leaves at 8:30 a.m. Cost is $35.
• Feb. 8 and 22: Hard Rock Casino. Bus leaves at 8:30 a.m. Cost is $20; trip includes a $25 gambling voucher and a $5 lunch voucher.
• Feb. 12: Red Rose Inn & Suites in Plant City. Enjoy a romantic getaway and the Valentine's Day show featuring P.J. Leary and the Platters. Includes transportation, a room for two for one night, dinner, show and continental breakfast. Bus leaves at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $145.
• Feb. 15 and 18: Florida State Fair, Tampa. Bus leaves at 9 a.m. Cost is $20.
• Feb. 17: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. the Detroit Red Wings, St. Pete Times Forum, Tampa. Bus leaves at 5:30 p.m. Cost is $60, which includes transportation, admission and all the burgers, hot dogs, salad, potato chips, soda, beer, wine and bottled water you can eat and drink.
• Feb. 20: Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center. See Susan Marie Frontczak as Eleanor Roosevelt speaking about the development of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Bus leaves at 9 a.m. Cost is $29, includes show and lunch at the famous Greek Hellas Restaurant.
• Feb. 24: Early Bird Theatre, Clearwater, The Dixie Swim Club. Bus leaves at 9:30 a.m. Cost is $45, includes transportation, show and buffet.
• Feb. 27: Beatle Beat, Eleanor Dempsey Performing Arts Center, Hudson. Enjoy a re-creation of the look, style and sound of the Beatles. Bus leaves at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $45, includes transportation, show and buffet.
All trips leave from the CARES Elfers Center, 4136 Barker Drive in Elfers and the CARES Rao Musunuru, M.D. Center, 12417 Clock Tower Parkway in Hudson. To register, call the Elfers Center at (727) 848-3387 or the Musunuru Center at (727) 853-3002.
Republicans get new meeting spot
The Republican Club of Central Pasco will meet Jan. 26 at a new location: the Groves Golf and Country Club, 7924 Melgold Circle. Social and dinner will be at 6 p.m., followed by the meeting at 7 p.m. County Commissioner Jack Mariano will speak about the county's priorities for 2011, possible sources for budget cuts, the proposed mobility fee and the development of a new, upscale complex in Hudson. Gary Wilner will provide a recap of the November elections in Pasco. The Republican Club of Central Pasco has changed its meeting schedule and will now gather at the Groves on the fourth Wednesday of each month. For more information, call Connie Queller at (813) 326-8802.