Organizers seek vendors for events
Crafters and vendors are needed for the following upcoming events:
• Heritage Day Festival, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 20, Hernando Heritage Museum, 601 Museum Court, Brooksville. This year's event highlights the heritage of the timber and logging industries in the county. Along with crafters and demonstrators, anyone with a connection to the wood products industry is encouraged to be a part of the festival. Call Mary Sheldon at (352) 799-7138.
• Craft Fair, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 20, Holiday Springs RV Resort, 138 Travel Park Drive, off County Line Road, Spring Hill. The cost is $25 for an 8-foot table. A portion of the proceeds will benefit The Harbor. Call Annette at (352) 683-4366 or Marion at (804) 921-2144.
• Relay for Life Market and Community Yard Sale, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 27, Spring Hill Health and Rehabilitation Center, 12170 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Parking lot spaces are $15 per space ($10 for a second space). No electricity available. Setup is at 8 a.m. Reservations required by March 19. All funds will benefit the American Cancer Society's Relay for Live. Call Jocelyn Giancarlo or Mariel Maldonado at (352) 597-5100. Also, donations of saleable items can be dropped off at the center.
• Model Train Show, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 27, Knights of Columbus Hall, 10470 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. The event is sponsored by Regal Railways. Vendors welcome. The cost is $20 for an 8-foot table. All scales, train memorabilia, trains, tracks, accessories and other hobby-related items welcome. Visit regalrailways.com or call Joe at (727) 244-1341.
Put old eyeglasses to a good use
Clear Vision Optical is collecting eyeglasses for the semi-annual Eyes for the Needy drive for the less fortunate.
Those with old or spare glasses should drop them off at the office in the Western Way Plaza, 12991 Cortez Blvd., between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays or 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays.
The drive continues through the end of February. For information, call (352) 596-6769.
Show tunes featured in Harmony on Parade
The Hernando Hills Hi-Lites will present the 17th annual Harmony on Parade, "Songs for All Seasons," at 2 p.m. Feb. 20 at Stage West Community Playhouse, 8390 Forest Oaks Blvd.
This will be a variety show that will include classic and favorite show tunes such as I'm Always Chasing Rainbows and Easter Parade.
There will be performances by the Hi-Lites' popular D'Lites Quartet, Jessica Doolittle and the Sunset men's barbershop quartet.
Tickets are $12 for adults and $6 for students 18 and younger. Group prices are available.
The Hi-Lites, a women's barbershop chorus, is a chartered member of Harmony, Inc. For information or tickets, call Tessie at (352) 686-4122.
Concert accompanies photo exhibit at church
A concert and "In Our Family" photo exhibit will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Spring Hill United Church of Christ, 4244 Mariner Blvd.
The concert will include music, dance, solo instrumentalists and a puppet show. Refreshments will be served after the performance.
The exhibit will be open during the event and daily from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. through Feb. 21. The exhibit includes portraits of diverse families, such as multigenerational, single parent, multiracial, gay-lesbian and others. There will be excerpts from interviews with featured families.
Donations will be accepted. For information, call (352) 628-7589 or (352) 683-4870.
Arc Nature Coast gearing up for auction
Table sponsors and donations of auction items are needed for the Arc Nature Coast's annual Awards Dinner and Silent Auction Fundraiser, which will be Feb. 21 at the Brooksville Elks Lodge 2582, 14494 Cortez Blvd. The event will include social hour, cash bar and silent auction starting at 5 p.m.; dinner will be at 6, followed by the awards program.
There are 30 tables available for sponsorships. The cost is $50 each, which includes a tent card and an opportunity to display promotional items, brochures, business cards and other items. All sponsors will be listed in the program, as well as on the slide show that will run throughout the evening.
Items for the silent auction can be sports memorabilia, attraction tickets, arts and crafts, gift certificates and other items. All donors to the silent auction will also be listed in the program.
Dinner tickets are $12 each. Arc members and their immediate family members (up to two family members) are admitted free. Deadline for reservations is Feb. 12.
For information, e-mail email@example.com or call Nancy Stubbs at (352) 544-2322, ext. 109.
Jewelry sale to benefit hospital charities
The Spring Hill Regional Hospital Auxiliary will sponsor a jewelry sale from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday at the hospital, 10461 Quality Drive. Proceeds will benefit the scholarship and charity fund. For information, call Pat at (352) 666-8755.
Fundraiser to benefit cancer society
A fundraiser to benefit the American Cancer Society Gift Room and Relay for Life will be from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Feb. 13 at R&R Garage Doors, 16050 Aviation Loop Drive, south of Brooksville.
The event, hosted by cancer survivors Victoria Foust and Victoria Crowe, will include crafts, raffles, gifts, food, music and entertainment. Admission is free. The LifeSouth bloodmobile will be on site for blood donations.
The event will offer 25 spaces (bring your own table/tent). Registered Relay for Life teams receive spaces at no cost. Vendors and businesses pay $5 per space.
Survivors will have an opportunity to register for the Relay for Life Survivor lap and dinner for either the Brooksville or Spring Hill Relay. Also, sponsors for the Relay for Life Survivor Dinner are needed.
The Gift Room serves uninsured or underinsured cancer patients by providing free bras, wigs, prosthetics, turbans and scarves.
Volunteers are also needed for the event. For information, call (352) 799-3685 or (352) 442-9771. Visit online at atroia.org.
Artists to share talents at Day of Discovery
Hernando POP will offer a Day of Discovery from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday at its new facility at 417 W Jefferson St.
The event will be a day of experimentation in different art mediums, with seven area artists offering their supplies and expertise in areas such as sculpture, batik, pastel or watercolor painting and fabric dyeing.
Hernando POP (People of Passion) is a nonprofit organization. Its goal is to bring people together to promote, preserve and encourage the arts through classes and other artistic endeavors.
Advance registration is required. The cost is $25, which includes a light lunch. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (352) 345-4462.
Community choir seeks musicians and singers
JAM Jesus and Me Community Choir is in need of choir members, a music director and musicians, such as drummers, keyboard, piano, guitar and horns. The choir will meet at 7 p.m. Mondays starting Feb. 15 at Word of Faith Ministries, 925 Howell Ave. For information, e-mail email@example.com or call JoAnn Munford at (352) 540-4954.
Catholic women lunch includes fashion show
St. Frances Cabrini Council of Catholic Women will host a Hawaiian Extravaganza Luncheon and Fashion Show at noon Feb. 16 at the Palace Grand, 275 Della Court.
Fashions will be presented by Belk. Prizes will be awarded. Tickets are $18. Call Florence at (352) 683-1150 or the parish office at (352) 683-9666.
CPR class offered for professionals, others
A CPR class will be offered at 6 p.m. Feb. 18 at the Spring Hill Enrichment Center, 11375 Cortez Blvd., behind Oak Hill Hospital.
The course meets the guidelines of the American Heart Association and the American Safety and Health Institute. It is designed for professional health care providers, but anyone interested can participate.
The cost is $20. Upon satisfactory completion, students will receive a two-year certification card. Space is limited. For information or to register, call (352) 597-8875.
Church to offer 13-week Divorce Care program
A Divorce Care program will be offered from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, starting Feb. 10, at Christian Church in the Wildwood, 10051 Country Road.
The group will meet weekly for 13 weeks in Building C, Room 202. Cost is $13 for the workbook.
Childcare will be provided at no cost. For information, call (352) 596-1388, ext. 224.
Luncheon show features fashions
The Mary Martha Guild of Christ Lutheran Church will host a Valentine Fashion Show and Luncheon on Feb. 13 at the church, 475 North Ave. W.
Lunch will be served at noon, followed by the fashion show, featuring the latest collection from Boutique on Wheels. It will include clothing in various sizes and jewelry. Red Hat fashions and accessories will also be available.
Tickets are $10 and must be purchased before Sunday. Call Inge at (352) 686-8751 or Barbara at (352) 799-3082.
Concerts benefit choral program
Two concerts to benefit the Springstead High School choral program are planned:
• Light Night Brass Tribute Show, 2 p.m. Sunday. The concert celebrates the music of America's greatest horn bands, including Chicago, Earth Wind and Fire, Tower of Power, and Blood, Sweat and Tears. Tickets are reserved and are $12 for orchestra seats and $10 for general seating.
• Live-n-Let Die Experience, 7:30 p.m. Feb. 20. This rock 'n' roll tribute band pays homage to the music of the Beatles and other musicians inspired by the Beatles. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for students.
Both shows will be at the Springstead Theater, 3300 Mariner Blvd. Tickets can be purchased online at springsteadtheatre.com. For information, call (352) 797-7010, ext. 221, or (352) 476-9086.
Love and harmony join in valentine serenades
Several area barbershop choruses are offering singing valentines by quartets:
• The D'Lites Quartet of the Hernando Hills Hi-Lites women's barbershop chorus is taking reservations for singing valentines on Feb. 13 and 14. The quartet will perform two songs. Women receive a rose and men get a box of candy. Both get a valentine card and commemorative photo of the event. The cost is $40. Call Jeannine at (352) 683-4936.
• Quartets with the Hernando Harmonizers men's barbershop chorus will deliver singing valentines from Feb. 12 to 14 to residents and business people throughout Hernando County. Recipients will receive a serenade of two love songs, a silk red rose, a personalized valentine card and a photo of the occasion. The cost is $40, with a portion of proceeds to benefit HPH Hospice. Call Gene at (352) 684-7931 or Art at (352) 688-1182.
• A Sweet Adeline quartet, 4 The Fun of It, will deliver signing valentines on Feb. 14 in Hernando, Pasco and Citrus counties. The quartet is with Suncoast Harmony Chorus, a women's barbershop chorus. Recipients receive two love songs, a rose and valentine card. The cost is $30. Call Claudia at (352) 592-5005.