Ceremony to mark formal opening of bridge Monday
The finishing touches are complete. Although traffic has been moving across it for 10 months, Pinellas County officials will celebrate the opening of the Belleair Beach Causeway Bridge at 10 a.m. Monday. The master of ceremonies will be Pinellas County Commissioner Karen Seel. The program will take place under the east side of the bridge, at the newly renovated boat ramp, which opened Jan. 1.
The $72.3 million bridge was constructed with federal and Penny for Pinellas funds.
Sheriff's community forums to seek feedback from public
Pinellas County Sheriff Jim Coats will host a series of community forums to meet with residents and discuss the services of the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office. Residents will have an opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback to Coats about agency services. Coats and Sheriff's Office Chief Deputy Bob Gualitieri will also "discuss the agency's commitment to providing efficient and professional public safety during these challenging economic times," according to a news release.
All of the forums, which will be from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., are free and open to the public. The forums will be:
• Wednesday, Palm Harbor University High School, 1900 Omaha St.
• May 4, Countryside High School, 3000 State Road 580, Clearwater.
• May 11, Dunedin High School, 1651 Pinehurst Road.
• May 12, Osceola High School, 9751 98th St. N, Seminole.
• May 18, Bayside High School, 14405 49th St. N, Clearwater.
• May 20, Pasadena Community Church, 227 70th St. S, St. Petersburg.