Challenger K8 PTSA to elect new leaders
Challenger K8 PTSA will have a general meeting at 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the cafeteria at the school, 13400 Elgin Blvd.
Elections for the new 2009-10 executive board and committee members will be conducted. All voting members must present cards for voting.
For information, call (352) 797-7024.
British Soccer Camp at Anderson Snow
First Hernando Youth Soccer and Challenger Sports have teamed up to host the weeklong British Soccer Camp July 20-24 at Anderson Snow Soccer Complex on Anderson Snow Road.
Details and online registration are available at www.firsthernandosoccer.com or www.challengersports.com. For information, call Fred at (352) 650-4898.
Help for seniors with insurance questions
The Florida Department of Elder Affairs offers the free SHINE program (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders) at these county locations:
• 11 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, Jerome Brown Community Center, 99 Jerome Brown Place, off Darby Lane, Brooksville.
• 11 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, Spring Hill United Church of Christ, 4244 Mariner Blvd.
• 11 a.m. to noon Wednesdays, Little Red Schoolhouse Bookstore, 1208 Kenlake Ave., Spring Hill.
• 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Wednesdays, East Hernando Branch Library, 6457 Windmere Road, Ridge Manor West.
• 11 a.m. to noon Thursdays at Spring Hill Enrichment Center, 11375 Cortez Blvd. (behind Oak Hill Hospital), Spring Hill.
SHINE counselors offer information and assistance with Medicare (figuring out paperwork, bills and filing appeals), Medicare supplemental insurance, Medicare prescription drug coverage, long-term care planning and pharmaceutical assistance programs.
No appointments are necessary. For information or for counseling locations outside Hernando County, call the Elder Hotline toll-free at 1-800-262-2243.
Soccer try-outs at youth park Saturday
Brooksville United Soccer Association try-outs will begin at 10 a.m. Saturday at Ernie Wever Youth Park, 19445 Youth Drive, off Ponce de Leon Boulevard (behind Florida Highway Patrol).
Try-outs will continue through the end of June. For field location, other try-out times, age groups and other details, visit www.brooksvillesoccer.com, or call Frank Villaizan at (352) 346-4098.