College Connection series continues
Pasco-Hernando Community College, in partnership with the Hernando County Health and Human Services Department, continues its series of College Connection seminars for students, faculty, staffers and the community to learn about services provided by local agencies. The sessions will be held through April 6 at the PHCC North Campus, 11415 Ponce de Leon Blvd. Coming sessions include:
• Nov. 18 — Pregnancy and Support Services, with Rose Llauget of Catholic Charities.
• Dec. 2 — Veterans Services, with Matt Peters, veteran services manager for the Hernando County Veteran Services Department.
• Jan. 6 — Mental Health Services, with Susan Wright of BayCare Behavioral Health.
• Jan. 20 — Children in Crisis Services, with Katie Williams of Youth and Family Alternatives' New Beginnings Runaway and Youth Crisis Center.
• Feb. 3 — Developmental Disabilities, with Mark Barry of the Arc Nature Coast.
• Feb. 17 — Unemployment/Training, with Joe Mascaro of Pasco-Hernando Job and Education, and Frances Hay, coordinator of Vocational Rehabilitation.
• March 9 — Health Care Services, with Nancy Davis and Ann-Gayl Ellis of the Hernando County Health Department/Nature Coast Community Health Center.
• March 23 — Medicaid/Food Stamps, with Robert Bradburn of Access Florida/Florida Department of Children and Families.
• April 6 — Mental Health Support, with Judy Thompson of the National Alliance on Mental Illness/NAMI Hernando.
All sessions start at 2 p.m. and are about 90 minutes. For information, contact Sonia Rodriguez at (352) 797-5004 or email@example.com.
Free landscape class scheduled Wednesday
A free horticulture class, "Fixing Your Landscape — Repair or Replace," will be presented at 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive.
The speaker will be John Korycki of the Hernando County Florida Yards and Neighborhoods Program.
Participants will learn how to make landscape repairs at a reasonable cost, and when money is best spent saving for a replacement plant or lawn.
There is no cost or registration required. However, seating is limited. For information, call (352) 540-6230.
Reception set Nov. 19 for artist Jana Withers
The Spring Hill Art League and Easy Street Home Decor will host a reception for artist Jana Withers from 5 to 7 p.m. Nov. 19 at Easy Street, 100 N Brooksville Ave.
Wine and refreshments will be served. Wither's oil paintings will remain on display throughout November. For information, call (352) 848-0177.