WALK FOR DISABILITY AWARENESS: The 5K Disability Awareness Walk and Roll will be at 8 a.m. March 8 at West Hernando Middle School, 14325 Ken Austin Parkway, west of Brooksville.
The family event will include entertainment, food and goodies, face painting, raffles, music, a children's art mural and exhibits.
The 5K walk or roll entry fee is $25; $10 for students. A family fun run is $20 per family. Registration includes a T-shirt.
For information, call (352) 797-7022, ext. 407. Registration may be done online at walkandroll5kandfamilyfunrun.eventbrite.com.
BANQUET OF LIFE: The Foundations of Life Pregnancy Center — Hernando, a ministry of Catholic Charities, will host a Banquet of Life and Silent Auction at 6 p.m. March 8 at the Palace Grand, 275 Della Court, Spring Hill.
Gus Lloyd, host of Seize the Day on Sirius XM, will speak. Tickets cost $50 per person.
Underwriters, table sponsors and donations for the auction are needed. For details, call (352) 686-9897, ext. 22, send email to email@example.com or visit the website at foundationsoflife.org.
Foundations of Life Pregnancy Center assists women and families facing unexpected pregnancies and the responsibilities of parenting by providing material assistance, education and support.
PARK CELEBRATES ANNIVERSARY: Frontier Park will celebrate its 42nd anniversary with a variety of events from March 6 through 9. While many events are for residents only, the public is invited to the following events:
• A concert and street dance with the Southern Reign Band will be at 7 p.m. March 7. The street near the gazebo will be blocked off, and a stage will be set up. There will be a 50/50 drawing, with proceeds benefiting All Children's Hospital. In case of inclement weather, the party will be in the clubhouse.
• A concert with David Onan and the Gulf Ridge Quartet, a gospel music group, will be at 7 p.m. March 9 in the clubhouse. Seating will be limited.
There is no cost to attend the events. The park is at 15549 Cortez Blvd., west of Brooksville. For information, call (352) 442-3210.
RED HAT GARAGE SALE: A "Red Hat Stuff" charity garage sale to benefit no-kill animal shelters will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 8 at 11355 Alden Court, Hudson, in Heritage Pines off County Line Road.
Red Hat items available will include rubber stamping and craft supplies, hats, clothing, scarves, dolls, jewelry, purses and books — new and used.
For information, or to donate Red Hat items for the sale, contact Sherry with the Scarlett Belles at Tea chapter, (727) 863-7724.
CHURCHES HOST SALES: The following church flea markets and rummage sales are planned:
• Rummage Sale and Outdoor Flea Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Spring Hill United Church of Christ, 4244 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill. The sale will include a variety of vendors, with lunch and snacks available. For information, call (352) 686-4239 or (352) 596-4576.
• United Methodist Women and United Methodist Men host Attic and Fresh Baked Goods Sale, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 7 and from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 8, Brooksville First United Methodist Church, 109 S Broad St., Brooksville. Donations for the sale may be brought to the church; pickups may be arranged by calling the office at (352) 796-3363, Bob McClelland at (352) 796-3412 or Buddy Woods at (352) 799-0987. Proceeds will benefit college scholarships and charitable organizations.
• Women of Grace Presbyterian Church Spring Rummage Sale, 8 a.m. to noon March 8, Grace Presbyterian Church, 8375 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. The church youth will be selling lunch items. For information, call (352) 683-2082.
MEN'S CLUB TO HOST DINNER: The Nobelton Men's Club will host a spaghetti dinner from 4 to 6 p.m. March 15 at the Tri-County Community Center, 28444 Forbes St., Nobleton. All dinners will be provided for donations only. Proceeds will go toward the purchase of Christmas toys for local children in need, food baskets and other causes. For information or to help out, contact Sam Reyka at (352) 793-7037.
KIDS MARATHON: Registration is being accepted for the 2014 Hernando Five Points of Life Kids Marathon, which will be at 9 a.m. April 5 at Nature Coast Technical High School, 4057 California St., south of Brooksville. There is no entry fee for those for those who register before Saturday. Participants in kindergarten through eighth grade will run or walk the full 26.2-mile marathon, starting at the time they register and logging their distance as they go. Then participants will celebrate their accomplishment and earn a medal at the finish line. All participants receive a T-shirt. The annual event was started by LifeSouth Community Blood Centers as a way to raise awareness of the five ways to share life with others — through the donation of blood, apheresis, marrow, cord blood, and organs and tissues. The marathon also promotes fitness and offers lessons in goal setting. Entry forms and running logs are available online at fivepointsoflife.org or at the local LifeSouth office at 12395 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. For information, call (352) 596-2002.