Valentine's Day is exactly one week away, and there are plenty of local events you can enjoy with your sweetheart.
• Leave your heart in New Orleans: Willie Stranger will play New Orleans-influenced piano and saxophone at 8 p.m. Friday at Colorama Music, 9302 Denton Ave., Hudson. Tickets are $5. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for dinner and drinks at additional cost. Call (727) 863-7539.
• Give your Heart to Haiti: This concert, presented by the city of Tarpon Springs, features eight bands from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Feb. 14 at Sunset Beach, 1800 Gulf Road, Tarpon Springs. Bands include SPF 40, Little Big Show and Stormbringer, among others. Also features a silent auction, raffles and food and drinks for sale. Proceeds to benefit the earthquake victims in Haiti. (727) 942-5628.
• Heart-filled hoedown: The 30th anniversary celebration of the Angelus center for developmentally disabled people will feature a "Country Concert" from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday at the center, 12413 Hudson Ave., Hudson. Performers include VictoriaK, N-Kahootz, George Marshall, Jenny Rimmer, Jeff "Bull" Ferguson and special guest cartoonist/song writer Guy Gilchrist. Bring a lawn chair for seating. Admission is $10 a carload for parking and admission, $5 donation for food and drinks.
• Mediterranean Chairman of the Board: Jazz singer Perry Danos will perform at 2 and 8 p.m. Saturday at the Tarpon Springs Performing Arts Center, 324 Pine St., Tarpon Springs. Danos has been called "The Greek Sinatra." Tickets $26 nonmembers, $23 members and students. Call (727) 942-5605.
• Romantic tribute: Paul Edison will perform songs made famous by Frank Sinatra, Tom Jones, Neil Diamond, Tony Bennett, Bobby Darin, Vic Damone and others at 2 p.m. Feb. 14 at the Pasco-Hernando Community College Performing Arts Center, 10230 Ridge Road, New Port Richey. Tickets $20 and $15, all seats reserved. Call (727) 816-3707 or visit the PHCC bookstore from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Valentine's Day Musique d'Amour: Richey Community Orchestra will perform at 3 p.m. Feb. 14 at the Center for the Arts at River Ridge, 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey. The show features trumpet player Charly Raymond and singer Michele James. Raymond will be featured in Big Band classics like Stardust, I Can't Get Started and Herb Alpert's This Guy's in Love with You. The orchestra will play Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet and Broadway tunes. Tickets $15, open seating. The orchestra box office is at 6826 Amberjack Lane, Hudson.
• Heavenly voices: The Festival of Choirs will be held at 4 p.m. Feb. 14 at First United Methodist Church of Hudson, 13123 U.S. 19. Choirs from First United Methodist of New Port Richey, Hope Lutheran Church, St. Martin's Episcopal Church and First United Methodist of Hudson will present two anthems, then all the choirs will join to sing religious songs. Free, but an offering will be requested.
• Old-timers serenade: The Legends of Doo Wop featuring Tommy Mara perform after a 5 p.m. dinner Feb. 14 at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. $50 for dinner and show, $75 for meet and greet cocktails, dinner and show. For those who plan to meet and greet, doors open at 3:30 p.m. Doors for general admission open at 4:30 p.m. (727) 858-5627.
• 5 p.m. Friday at the Father Felix Ullrich Knights of Columbus Hall, 5850 K of C Drive, Port Richey. Buffet of fish, pork loin and sausage and peppers. Dessert and more. Music by Little Miss Dynamite. $12. (727) 842-4529.
• 5 p.m. Saturday with Knights of Columbus Assembly 2882 in the hall at Our Lady Queen of Peace, 5340 High St., New Port Richey. Hawaiian chicken dinner. Music by Bill Castner and Little Miss Dynamite. $10. (727) 376-8434.
• 12:15 p.m. Feb. 14 at the Polish American Social Club, 7615 New Jersey Ave., Hudson. Pork loin or baked chicken. Music by Jeanne. Dance attire requested, and reservations required. $12-$14. (727) 862-1520.
• 3 p.m. Feb. 14 at Randolph Ford VFW, 6315 Stone Road, Port Richey. Chicken Parmesan for dinner and music by Seabreeze. $7.50. (727) 847-6277.
• 4 p.m. Feb. 14 at American Legion Post 79, 5329 Legion Place, New Port Richey. Music by Marty and the Nice Guys. $10. (727) 842-8387.
• 4 p.m. Feb. 14 at the Regency Park Civic Center Banquet Hall, 10240 Regency Park Blvd., Port Richey. Sponsored by the Filipino American Social Club. Italian buffet and dessert, music by DJ Willie Matos. Semi-formal attire. Tickets must be purchased in advance. $25. (727) 376-3680.
• 5 p.m. Feb. 14 at Moose Lodge 1429, 1936 Abacus Road, Holiday. Dinner, comedy show by Homer Noodleman and dancing. Hosted by the Women of the Moose. $13. (727) 937-9030.
• 12:30 p.m. Feb. 20 at Colonial Hills Civic Center, 3852 Prime Place, New Port Richey. Sponsored by the Polish Legion of American Veterans. Dinner, music by the Jeanne Band. BYOB. $10-$12. For reservations, call (727) 376-6068.