Go Green science fair: Entries for the Museum of Science and Industry's Go Green science fair competition for juniors and seniors with eco-friendly inventions or ideas are due by Nov. 30. Grand prize is a $3,000 scholarship. Visit mosi.utekcorp.com.
Carrollwood Day School: (813) 920-2288
• Prospective parents and students can come to an open house at 1 p.m. Sunday at the school, 1515 W Bearss Ave. E-mail dschweitzer@carrollwood dayschool.org.
Citrus Park Elementary: (813) 558-5356
• Get a taste for teaching. Volunteers are needed for the 2009 Great American Teach-In on Nov. 18.
Clark Elementary: (813) 631-4333
• Partner with the school's Clark Champions Program with a donation of $100 to $750. Showcase your business to 840 students and their families. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The fifth-grade cookie dough and coffee sale fundraiser is from Monday to Nov. 2. Items will be delivered before the Thanksgiving holiday.
Hammond Elementary: (813) 792-5120
• Casino Night is from 6:30 to 11 p.m. Oct. 30 at Heritage Harbor Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway. The cost is $30 in advance and $35 at the door. The event includes a $2,500 chip voucher, appetizers, games, and music from a Sinatra impersonator. Child care is available. All proceeds benefit the school.
Lutz Elementary: (813) 949-1452
• Conference Night is from 3 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
• The Book Character Parade is at 8:30 a.m. Oct. 30.
Gaither Adult and Community High School: (813) 632-6823
• Community education and general adult classes are available. Registration is 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday in the school's main office, 16200 N Dale Mabry Highway.
Freedom High School: (813) 558-1185
• Cement your place in history by buying a brick at the 9/11 commemorative flagpole. Bricks cost $50 to $80.
King High School: (813) 744-8333
• To buy an ad for the yearbook, call ext. 260. Yearbooks can be purchased for $78.50 online at yearbooks.biz. Use school code 834.
Steinbrenner High School: (813) 792-5131
• See the student production of Grease at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 30 and at 2 p.m. Oct. 31 in the school auditorium at 5575 Lutz Lake Fern Road. The cost is $8 in advance and $10 at the door. Visit steinbrenner.mysdhc.org or ticketleap.com.
Life Enrichment Center: (813) 932-0241
• Introduction to computer classes are Mondays through Nov. 9. The level 1 class is at 1 p.m. The level 2 class is at 2:15 p.m. The cost is $50.
• A live model portrait painting class is from 10 a.m. to noon Mondays through Nov. 16. The cost is $75.
• Tai Chi classes are Mondays through Nov. 16 at the Museum of Science and Industry, 4801 E Fowler Ave. The beginners class is from 6 to 7 p.m.; the intermediate class is from 7 to 8 p.m. The cost is $60.