Florida-friendly tips to apply in your garden
The Hernando County Cooperative Extension Service will offer the following Florida-friendly gardening programs:
• Florida's Wildflowers, 10 a.m. Wednesday, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive.
• When Bad Lawns Happen to Good People, 6:30 p.m. July 14, East Hernando Branch Library, 6457 Windmere Road, Ridge Manor West.
• Cold-Hardy Palms for Hernando County, 10 a.m. July 15, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library.
• Pest-Resistant Plants, 10 a.m. July 18, Hernando County Cooperative Extension Service, 19490 Oliver St., Brooksville.
All programs are free. No registration required. For information, call (352) 754-4433.
Dates, times, locations for Angel Food orders
Angel Food Ministries orders will be taken at these locations:
• Christ Lutheran Church, 475 North Ave. W, Brooksville: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday and July 12; 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday and Friday; and 9 a.m. to noon July 11. Payments must be made in cash or food stamps.
• First Lutheran Church, 30419 Park Ridge Drive, Ridge Manor West (this is a substation of the Christ Lutheran Church location): 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday and 8 to 10 a.m. July 11. Cash payments only.
Distribution will be from 9 to 11 a.m. July 25 at both locations. Call the Angel Food hotline at (352) 799-3452 or e-mail email@example.com.
• Nature Coast Family Fellowship, Suite 1, 14832 U.S. 19 N, Hudson: Noon to 3 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, July 11 and July 13. Orders at the church must be paid with cash or food stamps. Debit and credit cards can be used for online purchases through July 12 at www.nature coastfamilyfellowship.org. Distribution will be from 7:30 to 9 a.m. July 25. Call (352) 650-7773 or (727) 271-4662.
• Christian Church in the Wildwood, 10051 Country Road, Weeki Wachee: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. today and Friday; 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday; and 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 12. For schedules, visit www.ccwildwood.com or call (352) 596-1388, ext. 810.
• Mount Pleasant Mission Baptist Church, 27064 Church Road, south of Spring Lake: 9 to 11 a.m. Sunday, Tuesday and Friday. Cash payments only. The cost is $30 per unit, which retails for about $60. Various specialty boxes are also available. Distribution will be from 9 to 11 a.m. July 25 in the fellowship hall. For information, call (352) 796-43 46.
Angel Food Ministries is a nonprofit, nondenominational organization that provides grocery relief to anyone interested in participating. The cost is $30 per unit, which retails for about $60. Various specialty boxes are available, as well as senior packages and an allergen-free food box.