Scattered Clouds76° FULL FORECASTScattered Clouds76° FULL FORECAST
Make us your home page
Instagram

Today’s top headlines delivered to you daily.

(View our Privacy Policy)

Forgotten food on stove sends St. Petersburg man to hospital for smoke inhalation

ST. PETERSBURG — Food forgotten on a stove caused a unit at the Twin Brooks Apartments, 3450 24th Ave. S, to fill with smoke Monday evening, St. Petersburg Fire and Rescue Lt. Joel Granata said.

A 57-year-old man was taken to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg for treatment of smoke inhalation and a second man was treated at the scene, Granata said.

"We get a lot of those," Granata said of the incident. "It's a regular thing. People get distracted easily. They were lucky they noticed the smoke."

Forgotten food on stove sends St. Petersburg man to hospital for smoke inhalation 08/26/13 [Last modified: Monday, August 26, 2013 8:40pm]
Photo reprints | Article reprints

© 2015 Tampa Bay Times

    

Join the discussion: Click to view comments, add yours

Loading...