NEW PORT RICHEY
Main Street director takes medical leave
Greater New Port Richey Main Street on Tuesday announced that its executive director, Beth Louise Fregger, has requested a medical leave of absence. Fregger became ill in mid November when an infection in her cervical spine left her temporarily paralyzed, the organization announced. "This job requires my full attention, and right now I need to put my full attention into my recovery," Fregger stated in a news release. "I am a perfectionist, and if I cannot do everything 110 percent, I feel it is only fair to step away." Fregger said she intends to volunteer when possible with various downtown revitalization projects such as the Hacienda Hotel and the old post office property. Fregger has been with Main Street a little more than one year. Her last day will be April 12 and the Main Street office will continue to operate with administrative coordinator Leah Robinson and the board of directors.
NEW PORT RICHEY
Republican club has first meeting
The Ronald Reagan Republican Club of Heritage Pines will conduct its inaugural general meeting at 7 p.m. April 17 at the Heritage Pines Country Club, 11524 Scenic Hills Blvd., Hudson. Registered Republicans are welcome to join. The first guest speaker will be Pasco County Republican state committeeman Bill Bunting. Bunting, a member of the Advisory Board of Directors for the Salvation Army, will discuss domestic violence and how to support the victims. At the meeting, the new club will begin collecting clothing and other items needed for victims of domestic violence. For more information, call (727) 860-4059 or (727) 863-3145.
Free living wills at three locations
Gulfside Regional Hospice and the Hook Law Group are partnering to provide free living wills to the community in honor of National Healthcare Decisions Day on April 16 at three locations.
• 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Hook Law Group offices, 4918 Floramar Ter., New Port Richey.
• 9 a.m. to noon at Gulfside Regional Hospice's West Pasco administrative office, 6117 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey.
• 9 a.m. to noon at Gulfside Center for Hospice Care, 5760 Dean Dairy Road, Zephyrhills.
For more information, call Gulfside Regional Hospice at (727) 845-5707.
• Medical Center of Trinity hosts an MS support group on the second Tuesday of each month. The next meeting will be at noon April 9 in Conference Room A at the hospital, 9330 State Road 54. Call (727) 372-1568 to RSVP. The group will be led by a support group leader. Due to incorrect information provided to the Times, the wrong time, number, and group leader information appeared in a listing Friday.
• Women Helping Women meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at Medical Center of Trinity. Lunch is available for purchase in the hospital cafeteria. For information or to RSVP, call Gigi D. Evans at (727) 945-9669. Due to incorrect information provided to the Times, the wrong location and cost appeared in a listing Saturday.
Detailed obituaries can be found in Section B.