If you're looking for some Halloween fun, there are plenty of events this year to delight princesses and goblins alike.
For the kids
Halloween in the Park, a free outdoor carnival with games for children up to age 16, takes place 7 to 9 p.m. at Shady Hills Community Center, 15840 Greenglen Lane, (727) 856-7831. There also will be an indoor deejay party for older ghouls aged 11 to 16.
Spooktacular, a free outdoor carnival with games and refreshments, takes place 6 to 9 p.m. at Veterans Memorial Park, 14333 Hicks Road, Hudson, (727) 861-3033.
• Scream Acres, featuring a haunted house, haunted trail and other scenes for visitors age 16 and up, will take place from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at J.B. Starkey Wilderness Park, 10500 Wilderness Park Road, New Port Richey. This free event will also feature musicians, dance and performing arts groups. For more information call (727) 942-7439.
• Halloween in the Woods, featuring kiddie games, hayrides, pony rides, face painting and an expanded "Spooky Trail" that will live up to the name, will take place from 6 to 10 p.m. at Werner-Boyce Salt Springs State Park, on Salt Springs Road behind Sears at Gulfview Square Mall in Port Richey. Costume contest at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 25 for kids age 12 and under. Admission $2 adults, $1 for kids 12 and under, with small additional fees for games, food and rides. For information e-mail Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org, call park manager Toby Brewer at (727) 816-1890 or visit www.saltspringsalliance.com.
• Kids Party, hosted by Pasco Pediatric Foundation, will take place from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Monster Mini Golf, 6431 U.S. 19 in New Port Richey, (727) 849-4653. Come for fun, games and food; costumes are encouraged. Admission: $10, includes glow-in-the-dark golf games, food and prizes. For information call Shannon at (727) 480-6285 or visit pascokids.org.
• Free carnival with games, refreshments, clowns, face painting, costume contest and music will take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at St. Mark Presbyterian Church, 7922 State Road 52, Hudson, (727) 863-5646.
• October Fun Fest, with games, prizes, deejay and a small haunted house for children 12 and younger, will take place from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the New Port Richey Recreation Complex, 6630 Van Buren St., New Port Richey. Event is free, but please bring a non-perishable food item to be donated to the Volunteer Way food bank.
A Halloween party providing safe trick-or-treating for children up to eighth grade will take place from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Sugarplum First Class Pre-School, 7800 New York Ave., Hudson, (727) 869-2598.
For the grownups
• 6 p.m. Aripeka Elks Lodge 2520, 9135 Denton Ave., Hudson, (727) 863-2520. Free admission, food available for purchase. Prizes for the best costumes. Music by Sweet Charlie.
• 7 p.m. VFW Post 8681, 18940 Drayton St., Spring Hill, (727) 856-1860.
• 7:30 p.m. to midnight, Adults Monster Bash. Pasco Pediatric Foundation's Monster Mini Golf Bash at 6431 U.S. 19 in New Port Richey, (727) 849-4653. Reservations required. Cost: $100 for two. Call Kristina Stream (727) 869-3975.
• 10 a.m. Halloween bingo. Eagles Aerie 3153, 5446 Leisure Lane, New Port Richey, (727) 847-1090.
• 5 p.m. Costume dinner dance. Farrell Knights of Columbus, 2040 Grand Blvd., Holiday, (727) 934-8025. Cost: $11; dance only, $5. Music by Mario DeLeon.
• 5 p.m. Costume contest and dinner. American Legion Post 79, Veterans and Legion Way, New Port Richey, (727)842-8387. Fish fry from 5 to 7 p.m. Music from 7 to 10 p.m.
• 5 p.m. Dinner dance, with prizes for best costume. Father Ullrich Knights of Columbus, 5850 Knights of Columbus Drive, Port Richey, (727) 848-6566. Music by Triple Play. Cost: $12; dance only, $5.
• 5 p.m. Halloween dinner. Elks Lodge 2284, 7201 Congress St., New Port Richey (727) 849-5192. Cost: $10. Prizes for best costume. Music by Joey D.
• 7 p.m. Halloween bingo. VFW Holiday Post 10167, 4619 Bartelt Road, Holiday, (727) 942-3932.
• 4 p.m. Halloween party. Larry Tawney Memorial VFW Post 4412, 9734 Dick St., Hudson, (727) 697-1602. Prizes for best costumes. Spaghetti and meatballs dinner at 6 p.m. for $6. Delta Aces Band from 6 to 10 p.m.