Labor Day benefit for group aiding troops
A Labor Day celebration benefit for Lea's Prayers and Postage will be at 3 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Masaryktown Community Center, 539 Lincoln Ave.
Admission is $5 for adults; children are free.
Musical entertainment will be provided by George Marshall, Brian Chytka, Steffani Renae, Matthew Romeo, Southern Harmony and others.
There will be an auction and a 50/50 raffle, and food, soda and beer available for purchase. U.S. Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite plans to attend.
Lea's Prayers and Postage is a nonprofit organization that supports postage for packages sent to troops overseas. For information, call Dee Mills at (352) 428-8564.
Marine Corps League sets Labor Day picnic
Marine Corps League Spring Hill Detachment 708, 8405 Sunshine Grove Road, will have a Labor Day picnic from noon to 5 p.m. Aug. 30.
Musical entertainment will be provided by Lady and the Outlaw. Food will include sausage and peppers, hot dogs and fixings.
Tickets are $15 per person, which include the food and bottomless keg and soda. The cost is $10 for those who just want the food and soda. Tickets are available in the lounge, which is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays and Saturdays, and from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sundays. For information, call (352) 597-7979 (ask for the lounge).
Join Spring Mermaids Girl Scouts at rallies
The Spring Mermaids Service Unit of Girl Scouts of West Central Florida will have the following registration rallies:
• 7 to 8 p.m. Aug. 21 at Pizza Hut, 2903 Commercial Way
• 10 a.m. to noon Aug. 23 at Mr Armadillo's, 17055 Spring Hill Drive
• 6:30 to 8 p.m. Aug. 26 at Hebron Baptist Church, 18085 Citrus Way, Brooksville.
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 30 at Fellowship Wesleyan Church, 11250 Spring Hill Drive
• 5:30 to 8 p.m. Sept. 2 at Chick-fil-A, 13143 Cortez Blvd.
• 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 4 at West Hernando/S.T. Branch Library, 6335 Blackbird Ave.
• 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Sept. 9 at Dairy Queen, 370 Suzanne Drive, off Commercial Way.
All girls who register with the Girl Scouts at one of the rallies will receive a gift.
The Spring Mermaids is looking for girls ages 5 to 17, as well as adult volunteers to serve as active leaders and co-leaders. Annual membership is $10; financial aid is available. For information, call Sarah at (352) 592-7897 or Roni at (352) 799-3020, or e-mail to [email protected]
Health center has new operating hours
The Hernando County Health Department/Nature Coast Community Health Center has announced its new operating hours:
The Brooksville Clinic, 300 S Main St., Brooksville:
• Medical Clinic: 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays
• WIC Office: 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays
• Project Access: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays
The Spring Hill Clinic, 7465 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill:
• Medical Clinic: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays (closed Fridays)
• WIC Office: 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays
• Dental Office: 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays
• HIV Outreach: 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays
The Health Department Administrative offices, 15470 Flight Path Drive (Airport Industrial Park), south of Brooksville:
• Administration: 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays
• Vital Statistics: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays
• Environmental Health: 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays
For information or to make an appointment, call the Hernando County Health Department at (352) 540-6800.