BLUEBERRY PIE CONTEST: Think you make the best blueberry pie in Hernando County? The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce invites those who love to bake to enter the Hernando County Blueberry Pie Baking Contest, which will be at 1 p.m. March 30 at the Hernando Marketplace event at Anderson Snow Park, 1360 Anderson Snow Road, Spring Hill. The contest is open to amateur bakers of any age. The entry fee is $5. No team entries will be accepted. Pies must be made from scratch (no store-bought crusts or pies are allowed), and the primary ingredient must be whole blueberries. A recipe must accompany each entry. The top 10 winners will move on to the finals, which will be on May 4 at the second annual Florida Blueberry Festival in downtown Brooksville. For official rules and a registration form, call Dawn Badami at the chamber, (352) 796-0697, or visit hernandochamber.com.
LEARN ABOUT HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES: Pasco-Hernando Community College will continue its College Connection series, an introduction to local health and human services programs in Hernando County, with the following programs:
• Feb. 19 — "Medicaid and Food Stamps," presented by Robert Bradburn with Access Florida and the Florida Department of Children and Families.
• March 5 — "Mental Health Services," presented by Sandra Marrero with BayCare Behavioral Health.
• March 19 — "Social Services," presented by Tresa Watson of the Hernando County Community Anti-Drug Coalition.
• April 2 — "Social Services," presented by Veda Ramirez of the Hernando County Health and Human Services Department.
• April 16 — "Veterans Services," presented by Matt Peters, veterans services manager for Hernando County.
All programs begin at 3 p.m. and are held at the PHCC North Campus, 11415 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Brooksville. There is no cost to attend. For information, contact Sonia Rodriguez at (352) 797-5004 or [email protected], or Courtney Boettcher at (727) 816-3738 or [email protected]