Driver safety program: AARP Driver Safety Program classes are available at various locations. The cost for each six-hour course is $15 for AARP members (bring membership card) and $20 for nonmembers. These classes are scheduled in August:
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 4 and 6, Oak Hill Hospital H2U Partner's Club, 11375 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Lesley Steer at (352) 600-7353.
• 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 5 and 7, Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 6193 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call Tony Stramiello at (352) 684-6348.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 6, Brooksville Enrichment Center, Suite 120, Bayfront Health Brooksville Medical Arts Building, 17222 Hospital Blvd., west of Brooksville. Call Marge Lingor at (352) 596-9193.
• Noon to 3 p.m. Aug. 12 and 14, Forest Oaks Lutheran Church, 8555 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill. Call Marge Lingor at (352) 596-9193.
• Noon to 3 p.m. Aug. 12 and 14, Spring Hill Enrichment Center, Suite 105, Bayfront Health Spring Hill Medical Arts Building, 10441 Quality Drive, Spring Hill. Call Bill Conn at (352) 556-3050 or (606) 669-3224.
• 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 16, Brookridge Clubhouse, 8150 Hampton St., Brookridge. Call Michelle Haenel at (352) 666-4044.
Property appraiser's office closing: The Hernando County property appraiser's offices will be closed from 8 to 10 a.m. July 31 for training.
Office locations are: Room 463, Hernando County Government Center, 20 N Main St., Brooksville, and the Westside Government Center, 7525 Forest Oaks Blvd., Spring Hill.
For information, call (352) 754-4190.
PHSC fall enrollment: Enrollment continues for fall-term classes at Pasco-Hernando State College, which begin on Aug. 25.
Prospective students may apply online at phsc.edu/wise. The application fee is $25; an additional $20 fee will be assessed during the late registration period, Aug. 25 to 29.
Hernando County campuses are: the North Campus, 11415 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Brooksville, and the Spring Hill Campus, 450 Beverly Court, Spring Hill. Other locations are: the East Campus in Dade City, the West Campus in New Port Richey and the Porter Campus in Wesley Chapel.
For information, visit phsc.edu or contact the student development office, which is open at each campus from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Walk to benefit Weekend Blessings: Hernando County Association of Realtors is hosting a 5K walk to support People Helping People's Weekend Blessings program. Walkers and sponsors are needed.
Sponsorships include $50 for a company name on the back of the event shirt or $100 for the company name and logo. Walkers collect pledges.
Proceeds go directly to Weekend Blessings, which provides weekend food throughout the school year to more than 500 schoolchildren from needy families in Hernando County. For information, call Silvia Dukes at (352) 584-7441 or Edward Hirst at (813) 404-1543.
Peace group to host town hall meetings: The NatureCoast Coalition for Peace and Justice will host two meetings from 4 to 5:30 p.m. Aug. 7 and from 3 to 4:30 p.m. Aug. 13 at the West Hernando/S.T. Foggia Branch Library, 6335 Blackbird Ave., Spring Hill.
The meetings will address whether there is a common interest between socialism and capitalism, and if residents, instead of officials and interest groups, should make decisions regarding local government. For information, call (352) 686-9936.
Survey for caregivers: The Florida Department of Elder Affairs is conducting a statewide survey of caregivers of persons with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders, including mild cognitive impairment. The department encourages caregivers to complete the survey in order to assist with the department's efforts to address the impact of the disease on those afflicted and their caregivers.
The survey is available online at surveymonkey.com/s/2014_ADRD_Caregiver_Survey; the survey is also available in Spanish at surveymonkey.com/s/2014ADRDSpanish.