SPINNING FOR CHARITY: A spin-a-thon benefit for the Humane Society of the Nature Coast and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 5 at LifeCycle Fitness Studio, 4664 Commercial Way, Spring Hill.
Teams of four or more are invited to participate; individuals may also sign up.
The event is limited to 18 teams. Team members will alternate on the bike so at least one member is pedaling at all times.
Food and drinks will be served. There will be demonstrations, door prizes and giveaways. Corporate sponsorships are available.
Those wishing to participate must RSVP by Thursday to Tina Ryman, (352) 540-5199 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
BATTLE REENACTMENT: The 33rd annual reenactment of Dade's Battle will be Jan. 5 and 6 at Dade Battlefield Historic State Park, 7200 County Road 603, Bushnell.
Grounds open at 9 a.m. each day, with the battle reenactment at 2 p.m.
The event marks the 177th anniversary of the battle, when Maj. Francis Dade and 105 men were killed, setting off the Second Seminole War.
There will be period soldier, Seminole and civilian camps; a sutler trade fair; historic arts and crafts demonstrations; full-scale cannon firing, tree cutting and barricade building; musket shooting; tomahawk throwing, and primitive archery.
Admission is $5; free for children ages 5 and younger. There is a $2 parking fee per vehicle.
For information, call (352) 793-4781.
RING IN 2013: Tickets are available for these New Year's Eve celebrations on Dec. 31:
• New Year's Eve Party, 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m., St. Anthony Catholic Church, Heffernan Hall, 20428 Cortez Blvd., Brooksville. Tickets are $25 per person, which includes dinner.
Music will be provided by the Peter Kern Show. Guests may bring their own beverages. The event is hosted by St. Anthony's Hispanic Society. Tickets are available at the church, (352) 796-2096. For information or to RVSP, call Iris at (352) 442-4940 or Edilma at (352) 796-9428.
• New Year's Eve Cabaret, 8 p.m., Temple Beth David, 13158 Antelope St., Spring Hill. Entertainment provided by Perry 'n Joy. There will be snacks, a deli buffet, soft drinks, party favors and a continental breakfast after midnight.
Tickets are $25 per person. Reservations and payment are required by Friday. Call the temple office at (352) 686-7034 or send email to email@example.com.
• High Point New Year's Celebration, starting with a buffet dinner at 7 p.m., High Point Community Center, 12249 Club House Road, High Point.
The Starburst Duo will entertain from 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Tickets are $40 for dinner and dancing; dancing only is $20 per person. Noisemakers, coffee and ice will be provided. Guests may bring their own beverages. Semiformal attire is suggested. For reservations, call Sylvia at (352) 596-6006.
• New Year's Eve Party with Backwoods Boot Scooters, 7 p.m. to 1 a.m., Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10209, 14736 Edward R. Noll Drive, Spring Hill. A pulled pork dinner will be served from 7 to 8 p.m.
Champagne toast and favors provided. Guests may bring a dessert to share, but it is not mandatory. Tickets are $15. Call (352) 442-0112.
• New Year's Eve Celebration, 8 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., Courts of Praise property, 27360 Cortez Blvd., east of Brooksville. This is a free no-alcohol, community event. It will include the Bob Suter Band, local church bands, praise and worship teams, trick motorcycle riders, Mothers Against Drunk Driving and a laser light show.
There will be free food and drinks from 8 to 9 p.m. Guests may bring their own food and nonalcoholic beverages, and are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs and blankets.
• Polish-American Social Club New Year's Eve Country-Western Dance, 9 p.m. to midnight, 7615 New Jersey Ave., Hudson. Doors open at 8 p.m.
Music will be provided by the six-piece Country Back Roads Band. There will be party favors, snacks, prizes and nonalcoholic champagne at midnight. Tickets are $10. Call Jane Baird, (352) 345-1713.