Home ownership seminars to start
In honor of Welcome Home Week, July 12-18, the Hernando County Association of Realtors will host the following free, one-hour "Making Homes Affordable" seminars at the association's office, 7321 Sunshine Grove Road:
• Understanding the $8,000 Tax Credit, 6 p.m., July 14.
• Tax Benefits of Home Ownership, 7 p.m., July 14.
• Energy & Water Saving Tips for Dollars, 11:30 a.m., July 15.
• Who's Eligible to Apply: Habitat for Humanity, 6 p.m., July 16.
• Available Down Payment Assistance, 7 p.m., July 16.
• Available Down Payment Assistance, 10 a.m., July 18.
• Rent vs. Selling Tax Advantages, 10 a.m., July 18.
• Energy & Water Saving Tips, 11 a.m., July 18.
• Why Consider Various Inspections at Purchase, 11 a.m., July 18.
• $8,000 Reasons to Buy Your First Home Now, noon, July 18.
• Remodeling: Return on Investment, noon, July 18.
• Is a Short Sale or Foreclosure Right for You, 1 p.m., July 18.
• How & When to Apply for Mortgage, 1 p.m., July 18.
• Is Loan Modification Right for You, 2 p.m., July 18.
• Credit Counseling, 2 p.m., July 18.
• Tips & Tricks of Staging Your Home for Sale, 3 p.m., July 18.
• $8,000 Reasons to Buy Your First Home Now, 3 p.m., July 18.
For more information, call (352) 799-1971.
Get moving with new classes at the YMCA
The Hernando County Family YMCA, 1300 Mariner Blvd., is offering a variety of new classes and programs to members and nonmembers.
The following adult boot camps (for ages 18 and older), offered free to YMCA members, are now open to nonmembers:
• Sunrise Boot Camp, a six-week session that meets from 5:45 to 6:45 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The cost is $200, which includes use of all YMCA facilities.
• Late Rise Boot Camp meets from 9 to 10 a.m. Mondays and Fridays and the Sunset Boot Camp meets from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays. Both camps are available in six-week sessions for $150 or three-week sessions for $85; use of the YMCA facility is not included.
The following new programs are now being offered:
• Youth Booth Camp, 6:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, for YMCA members ages 10 to 13.
• Prenatal Yoga, a new program that will be available to members and to the community beginning in August.
This eight-week program will be at 8 a.m. Thursdays. Participants will learn postures designed to relieve physical discomfort as well as prepare them mentally and emotionally for the demands of labor. The cost is $120. The class requires a bolster and blanket, which can be ordered through the Y.
The YMCA also added eight new cycling classes to its schedule, with two new instructors. An eight-session personal training package is available for members for $315, which also includes a YMCA tote bag, water bottle, towel and other gifts. Group personal training classes with a trainer are offered two days a week for four weeks to groups of four to six participants. The cost to members is $77 for four weeks. Class choices are either 11 a.m. to noon or 6:45 to 7:45 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, or 7 to 8 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
For more information, call the YMCA at (352) 688-9622 or visit the Web site at suncoastymca.org.