you can Be a santa's angel To a needy child
Santa's Angel Program of Pasco County is looking for anonymous elves to help bring cheer to children in need. The nonprofit has placed Christmas trees at businesses across the county, with gift tags bearing the wish lists of children who might otherwise get nothing for Christmas. People may buy a present and leave it with the gift tag at the customer service desk at any of the following locations:
• Bealls, 12125 U.S. 19, Bayonet Point
• Bealls, 7201 State Road 54, New Port Richey
• Walmart, 8701 U.S. 19, Port Richey
• Walmart, 8745 State Road 54, New Port Richey
Gift tags are also available on Christmas trees at:
• Magic Tan, 7306 State Road 52, Hudson
• Lake Jovita Golf and Country Club, 12330 Lake Jovita Blvd., Dade City
• San Antonio Citizens Federal Credit Union, 37925 Church Ave., Dade City; 12542 Curley Road, San Antonio; and 7301 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills
• Olga's Bakery and Deli, 14117 Seventh St., Dade City
• Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative Inc., 12013 Hays Road, Shady Hills; 20711 U.S. 98, Trilby; 30461 Commerce Drive, San Antonio; and 14651 21st St., Dade City
Gifts and donations may be dropped off at the Withlacoochee River Electric location at 14651 21st St., Dade City.
For information, call Marsha Snow at (727) 868-2413 in west Pasco, or Linda Pelt at (352) 668-4114 in east Pasco.
Santa's Workshop offers fun for kids
The Land O'Lakes Recreation Complex will host Santa's Workshop from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday with games, train rides, cookies, hot chocolate and visits with Saint Nick. Participants must register by Friday or until the event reaches capacity. Cost is $1 per person, free for children 2 and younger. The complex is at 3032 Collier Parkway. For information or to register, call (813) 929-1220.
Get on board for the Christmas parade
The Bayonet Point Yacht Club is looking for additional participants for this year's Christmas Boat Parade, slated for Dec. 16-18. The parade route has been extended this year to Sea Ranch, and there will be prizes for the top three decorated boats. Dates are Dec. 16 at Sea Ranch; Dec. 17 at Leisure Beach; and Dec. 18 at Signal Cove, followed by a gathering at the Signal Cove Clubhouse on Tiller Drive for all boaters (please bring an appetizer and your own beverages). For information, call Prentiss at (410) 603-3113 or Jack at (315) 200-2880 or (727) 862-6025.