Man arrested, accused of drug trafficking
Pinellas County deputies accused a Largo man on Thursday of growing marijuana in his house. George Detamore, 44, of Royal Palms Drive was arrested after an undercover narcotics investigation revealed 85 plants, or 51 pounds, of marijuana in the house. Detamore was being held in the Pinellas County Jail on Friday on charges of trafficking in marijuana, operating a drug house and cultivating cannabis. The drug trafficking charge carries a minimum sentence of three years and a fine of $25,000.
Three people hurt in two-car crash
Three people were taken to Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg after a crash in front of Dunedin Highland Middle School about 8 p.m. Thursday. Jason Hutchason, 23, of Clearwater was driving a Lexus fast when he hit a Kia that was pulling out of Dunedin Highland, the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said. Hutchason was ejected from the vehicle. He was flown to Bayfront by helicopter with injuries that were not life-threatening and was later released. Kia driver Gene Anderson, 70, and passenger Roberta Anderson, 62, both of Dunedin, suffered injuries that were not life-threatening and were taken to Bayfront by ambulance.
Watch over birds during holiday
Your help is needed to watch over posted colonies of beach nesting birds this Memorial Day weekend. Bird stewards give booklets to beachgoers and explain why the birds depend on us to allow them the space to survive. Call Barbara Howard at (727) 343-1272 or (727) 512-4914.
Memorial Day activities
• Patriotic songs and marches performed by the Florida Orchestra Super Pops at 7:30 p.m., Sunday at the Richard B. Baumgardner Center, 1111 N McMullen-Booth Road, Clearwater. Tickets range from $21 to $56.
• Curlew Hills Memory Gardens' Memorial Day service is at 9:30 a.m. Monday at 1750 Curlew Road, Palm Harbor. Guest speakers are retired Army Col. Roland J. Tiso and retired Air Force Col. Jerry F. Custin. Call (727) 789-2000.
• Veterans Memorial Park, 250 Shore Drive E in Oldsmar. Event starts at 10 a.m. Monday.
• U.S.S. Cole Post 67 Amvets' event starts at 2:45 p.m. Monday at 512 S Lincoln Ave., Clearwater. Call (727) 631-0067.
• The Eyes Wide Open exhibit, featuring 171 pairs of combat boots representing Florida service members who have died, will be at Largo Central Park from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday.
Crozier, James M.
Routzahn, Mary E.
Taylor, Bruce A.
This list is from detailed obituaries published in Section B.