Learn about lawns, gardening and more
The Pasco County Extension Service is offering the following seminars in May:
• Management of Lawns Determines Its Performance, 6:30 to 7:40 p.m. Tuesday at the Hudson Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson. Discover ways to minimize pest and disease problems. Free.
• Green Industries — Best Management Practices Training and Testing, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 7 at Pay It Forward Farms, 16625 Laura Lee Drive, Spring Hill. This program is designed to give lawn and landscape professionals continuing education hours for certifications while they learn ways to increase the beauty of landscapes and conserving water and other resources through more environmentally friendly landscape maintenance practices. There is a $25 registration fee that includes all materials, testing, CEU's and lunch. Registration by Monday is required. Call (813) 966-7448 for information or to register.
• Gardening Myths: What Works, What Doesn't, 9 to 11 a.m. May 7 at the Pasco Cooperative Extension, Pasco County Fairgrounds, 36702 State Road 52, Dade City. Learn shortcuts and tricks from the master gardeners. Free.
• Butterfly Gardening Seminar, 9 to 11 a.m. May 14 at the Land O'Lakes Community Center, 5401 Land O'Lakes Blvd. Join master gardeners to discover numerous host and nectar plants to attract these winged wonders to the garden. Free.
• Lawn Care Seminar, 10 to 11 a.m. May 21 at Home Depot, 10017 U.S. 19, Port Richey. Turf or lawn can be four-letter words for many residents. Come learn some tricks on how and when to maintain grass for a healthy stand. Free.