Tennis camp serves players of all ages
Hernando County Recreation is offering a tennis camp for all ages. The six-week program will be from 9 a.m. to noon Mondays through Fridays, starting June 22, at Delta Woods Park, 3400 Deltona Blvd.
This is a tennis camp for players ages 6 and older of all abilities and skill levels. The cost is $110 per week or $25 per day.
To register, call the instructor, Kyle Staton, at (352) 585-7607 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Information on all the Recreation Department's summer programs are available on the county's Web site at www.hernandocounty.us ; call the recreation office at (352) 754-4031.
You'll love this weekly farmer's market
Love Your Neighbor sponsors its Saturday at the Market, a weekly farmer's market, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays on Main Street, between E Jefferson and Broad streets, in front of the court house in downtown Brooksville.
The LYN table now offers used cookbooks and fresh lemonade for any donation. Also, LYN will accept donations of new or used cookbooks. Proceeds from the cookbooks and lemonade are used to help the needy in Hernando County.
Also new to the weekly market is entertainment with guitarist Papa Kurt, who provides easy listening sounds of the 1960s, '70s and '80s.
Vendor spaces are available, as well as spaces for nonprofit organizations wishing for exposure and fundraising opportunities. For information, call Lisa Callea at (352) 428-4275.
Elks Lodge show tickets are on sale
Aripeka Elks Lodge 2520 is now taking reservations for season tickets to the 2009-10 series of dinner shows at the lodge, 9135 Denton Ave.
Season tickets are for all six shows. The cost will be $168 for prime seating and $156 for regular seating season tickets. Individual show tickets are $30 for prime seating and $28 for regular seating.
All shows will have dinner at 6 p.m. and showtime at 7:30 p.m. Shows include:
• John Charles on Oct. 10. The show includes comedy, music and singing, with improvisations and audience participation.
• Central Florida Rat Pack on Nov. 7. This is a Las Vegas type show that pays tribute to Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. Sinatra is portrayed by Armando Diaz, Martin is portrayed by Felix Deneau and Davis is portrayed by Steve Roman.
• Let's Hang On will be Dec. 12. This show features a cast of six singers/dancers, backed by a four-piece band. The show is built around Franki Valli and the Four Seasons and features songs such as These Boots are Made for Walking, Lollipop and more.
• Robin Roth will be Jan. 9. Described as a "singer extraordinaire with a comic flair," Roth includes comedy and sings a variety of music styles, such as classics, standards, swing, Broadway, pop, jazz and today's hits.
• Jay White pays Tribute to Neil Diamond will be Feb. 20. White, who performs often as Diamond at the Riviera Hotel Casino in Las Vegas, and has appeared as Diamond in the 2008 film Frost/Nixon.
• The Marlins on March 13. This is a family of musicians that performs country, rock, pop, Big Band and bluegrass, performing songs from the Beach Boys, Beatles, Willie Nelson, Glen Miller, Neil Diamond, Elvis, Sinatra and others.
For information or for reservations, call Judi in the secretary's office (9 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays) at (727) 868-2994, ext. 14.
Season tickets bring comedy, tributes
Brookridge Entertainment is selling season tickets for the 2009-10 season.
Shows include a night of comedy with Tim Walkoe in October, singer/comedian John Charles in November, a comedy act with Max Winfrey in December, entertainer and singer Gary Puckett in January, a Tribute to Neil Diamond with Jay White in February, Lets Hang On offering the sounds of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons in March and country music singer Leanne Williams in April.
The cost for all seven shows is $88 for Brookridge residents and $104 for non-residents. Call Barbara at (352) 597-5155.