WEEKI WACHEE PAGEANT: The Miss Weeki Wachee and Miss Weeki Wachee Teen Pageant will be at 6 p.m. Feb. 11 at Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, 6131 Commercial Way, Weeki Wachee.
The event, hosted by International Pageant Productions and Envy Pageant Productions, is open to boys and girls ages 1 to 25 years. It is a sanctioned official preliminary for the Miss Florida U.S. International, Miss Florida Teen, Little Miss/Mr. and Junior Miss and Junior Mr. Florida pageants. Miss Florida U.S. International 2012 Cassandra Mandeville will co-host the event.
Entry fees vary according to the age division and competition. For details and applications, call (352) 256-9959 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHURCH GUILD FASHION SHOW: The Mary Martha Guild will host its annual fashion show and luncheon Feb. 11 at Christ Lutheran Church, 475 North Ave. W, Brooksville. Lunch will be at noon, followed by the show, featuring fashions by Denise.
Along with fashions in various sizes, there will be jewelry available for purchase.
Tickets are $12 and must be purchase before Feb. 5. For information or tickets, call Inge at (352) 686-8751 or Barbara at (352) 799-3082.
AARP driver safety program: The following AARP Driver Safety Program classes will be offered in February. The six-hour class costs $12 for AARP members and $14 for nonmembers (members must bring their AARP cards):
• 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday and Feb. 8, Brooksville Enrichment Center, Suite 120, Medical Arts Building, Brooksville Regional Hospital, 17222 Hospital Road, west of Brooksville. Call (352) 684-6348 to register. Another class will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 15 and 22; call (352) 799-3370 to register.
• 1 to 4 p.m. Feb. 10 and 17, Spring Hill Enrichment Center, Suite 105, Medical Arts Building, Spring Hill Regional Hospital, 10441 Quality Drive, Spring Hill. Call (352) 799-3370 to register.
• 9 a.m. to noon Feb. 13 and 20, Partner's Club at Oak Hill Hospital, 11375 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill. Call (352) 684-6348 to register.
• 9 a.m. to noon Feb. 17 and 24, Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 6193 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Call (352) 596-9193 to register.
• 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 18, Brookridge Clubhouse, 8150 Hampton St., Brookridge. Call (352) 666-4044 to register.
CONFERENCE ON FAMILIES: The second "Sowing Hope in Families Conference" will be at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 2-3 and at 9 a.m. Feb. 4 at Bethlehem Baptist Church, 661 S Brooksville Ave., Brooksville.
The cost is $5 per person or $10 for three to five family members. For information, call local coordinator Christene Yant, at (352) 683-2766.
BACKPACK PROGRAM FEEDS NEEDY KIDS ON WEEKENDS: People Helping People in Hernando County has expanded its Blessing in a Backpack program for elementary students for the duration of the school year. Backpacks filled with food are delivered to schools on Fridays for children to take home for the weekend; the backpacks are returned on Mondays.
This year, the program is being conducted at Spring Hill, Deltona, Pine Grove and Moton elementary schools, as well as at the Head Start programs in Spring Hill and Brooksville, and for preschoolers through the Boys and Girls Club of Hernando County, providing weekend food for more than 300 children.
Blessings in a Backpack is a ministry of People Helping People, a nonprofit, interfaith organization run by volunteers. Monetary donations are appreciated and may be mailed to P.O. Box 6182, Spring Hill, FL 34611.
For information, visit phpinhc.org or call (352) 686-4466.
DONATE FOR PET TREASURE HUNT: The Humane Society of the Nature Coast is seeking donations for its annual treasure hunt, "One Man's Junk is a Homeless Pet's Treasure." The hunt will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Feb. 25-26 in the Carrabba's plaza at 10110 U.S. 19, Port Richey.
Items for the treasure hunt may be dropped of at these locations:
• Humane Society shelter at Mobley and Wiscon roads, Brooksville; call (352)796-2711.
• Humane Society's ReTAIL Outlet and Adoption Referral Center, Suite 369, Gulf View Square mall, 9409 U.S. 19, Port Richey; call (727) 505-4866.
• Party Central, 13007 Cortez Blvd., Spring Hill; call (352) 596-2355.
COPELAND FOOTBALL CAMP: The county Parks and Recreation Department will host the annual Horace "Hi-C" Copeland Football Camp at two locations this year:
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 16-17 at Lecanto High School, 3810 W Educational Path, Lecanto.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 23-24 at Springstead High School, 3300 Mariner Blvd., Spring Hill.
The noncontact camp, open to youth ages 5 through 16, will include interactive football drills and life lessons. Lunch will be provided each day. The cost is $65 per person; those who register by Wednesday will receive an event T-shirt.
For information or to register, visit horacecopeland.com, hernandocounty.us/parks_rec/ or call (352) 754-4031.