The Pasco County Parks and Recreation Department and Land O'Lakes Recreation Complex at 3032 Collier Parkway are offering a series of classes and activities for the community. For more information on any class or event, call (813) 929-1220.
Here's what's on tap:
• After-school Children's Art Class for ages 5-12, taught by certified art teacher Jill Hallauer. Lessons will vary and will focus on the elements of art and the principles of design. Classes begin Wednesday. Classes for ages 5-7 are from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., and classes for ages 8-12 are from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. The cost is $36 for a four-week session.
• Toddler Time is an opportunity for parents to teach their children social skills, as well as motor skills and coordination. Parents also socialize with each other. Toddler Times are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10 a.m. until noon. Free.
• Adult Low-Impact Aerobics classes instructed by Julie Brucker provide exercise for both young and older adults. Classes are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. The cost is $6 per class.
• Zumba Fitness Class. Zumba is a fusion of Latin and International dance and this exercise class is for ages 13 and older. Classes are Wednesdays from 7 to 8 p.m. and the cost is $6 a class.
• Competitive basketball league for women 16 and older. The season will consist of 10 games, all played on Saturday mornings and followed by a single-elimination playoff tournament. The registration deadline is Saturday and play starts Sept. 6. The cost is $300 per team, with a maximum of 10 players for each team.
• Imagine Tomorrow Program Computer Classes, developed for preschool and kindergarten children. This program uses software technology that engage the three main learning senses — visual, auditory, and tactile. Also, the way Imagine Tomorrow Software adjusts to each child's ability level challenges the child to think creatively and critically. The eight-week, one-hour sessions are at 10 a.m. Wednesdays and the cost is $176 for the full program.
• "Harmony and Rhythm," a youth performance group that focuses on musical growth and self-esteem through singing, acting and dance instruction for children from 3 years old to sixth grade. Tempo Tots is offered for children 18 to 36 months. Age appropriate song and movement will be used. Classes are on Thursdays from 10 to 10:30 a.m. for ages 18 to 36 months; from 10:45 to 11:30 a.m. and 4:15 to 5 p.m. for ages 3-4; from 5 to 5:45 p.m. for grades K-3; and from 5:45 to 6:30 p.m. for grades 4-6. Combination classes are $40 per month, and Tempo Tots costs $30 per month.
• Yoga classes for ages 16 and older are Tuesdays from 9 to 10 a.m. The cost is $5 per class, and participants must bring a mat.
• Obedience focus sessions for dogs, taught by Courteous Canine Inc. Four different focus sessions are provided every Thursday evening from 6 to 7:30 p.m., including Rowdy Rover, Basic Obedience Blast, Really Reliable Recall and Manners Mania. The cost is $25 per class.