Bryant Elementary: (813) 356-1645
• The school clothing drive is Thursday and Jan. 9. The event will benefit the Oasis Network.
• Save hundreds of dollars with Bronco Savings Cards, on sale for $10. Call (813) 545-3175.
Chiles Elementary: (813) 558-5422
• Help the "Donate Cash … Take a Splash" fundraiser for salaries for the media center aide and computer lab teacher. If the $16,000 goal is met, each student gets a snow cone.
Deer Park Elementary: (813) 956-6636
• Register to be part of the Super Learning in a Super City by Jan. 19 at tampabaysuperbowl.com.
• The yearbook pre-sale is going on now. The cost is $23 for hardcover and $18 for soft cover.
• The clinic needs pants and shorts donations in all sizes.
Hunter's Green Elementary: (813) 973-7394
• The school is seeking a full-time technology specialist. The candidate should have computer knowledge and be able to teach and troubleshoot computers and printers.
Schwarzkopf Elementary: (813) 975-6945
• The school still has Entertainment Books for sale for $20. Call (813) 908-9860.
Tampa Palms Elementary: (813) 975-7390
• Help children and earn volunteer hours working with the YMCA Success After-school Program from 2 to 6 p.m. weekdays in the cafeteria at Tampa Palms Elementary. Call (941) 628-3108.
Benito Middle: (813) 631-4694
• Volunteers and donated items are needed for the Jaguar outpost, the new Benito store.
• Tutors are needed to help students at least one hour a week. Call (813) 746-9232.
Farnell Middle: (813) 356-1640
• The Geography Bee school championship is Thursday in the media center.
Sgt. Smith Middle: (813) 792-5125
• Donations of khaki pants, shorts, dresses and capris are needed in the office.
Walker Middle: (813) 631-4726
• Entertainment Books are on sale for $20. Proceeds from the sale will help buy equipment for the television studio. Call ext. 267.
Freedom High: (813) 558-1185
• The PTSA gets cash back for empty ink jet and laser printer cartridges that are turned in to the front office.
• Get four full years of college tuition paid. Students who have at least a 2.0 GPA and can provide income information can qualify for the Tampa Bay WorkForce Alliance Scholarship. Applications are available in the guidance office.
• Show Patriot Pride with a purchase of a special hand-painted tile for $15. The tiles will eventually cover the gym. Call (813) 558-1185, ext. 268.
• Juniors are eligible to take the SAT for free as part of the College Board Excelerator Initiative. Testing dates are March 14, May 2 and June 6. The registration process will be announced after the holiday break.
• Applications to join the Girls State, sponsored by the American Legion Auxiliary for girls, are due Feb. 6. Qualifications include interest in government and leadership, good character and academic standing. The interviews will be at 1 p.m. Feb. 8 at the American Legion Post 111, 6918 N Florida Ave.
Gaither High: (813) 975-7340
• Financial Aid night is at 7 p.m. Thursday in the auditorium.
• Conversational Spanish community education classes are available at Gaither Adult and Community School, 16200 N Dale Mabry Highway. Register from 2 to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday in the main office. Call (813) 632-6823.
King High: (813) 744-8333
• Interested in advertising in the Scepter, King's newspaper, or the Clarion, King's yearbook? These student-run publications operate strictly on community support. Call (813) 744-8333, ext. 260.
Life Enrichment Center: (813) 932-0241, 9704 N Blvd.
• The Adventures in Acrylics basic art class is 10 a.m. to noon Tuesdays starting Jan. 6 to Feb. 10. The cost is $75.