College information night: Hispanic students and parents can find out the benefits of a college education and how to prepare for college at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Tampa Bay Technical High School, 6410 Orient Road. The meeting will be conducted in Spanish only.
Go Green science fair: Entries for the Museum of Science and Industry "Go Green" science fair competition for juniors and seniors with eco-friendly inventions or ideas are due by Nov. 30. Grand prize is a $3,000 scholarship. Visit mosi.utekcorp.com.
Citrus Park Elementary: (813) 558-5356
• Get a taste for teaching. Volunteers are needed for the 2009 Great American Teach-In Nov. 18.
Clark Elementary: (813) 631-4333
• Partner with the school's Clark Champions Program with a donation between $100 to $750. Showcase your business to 840 students and their families. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The fifth-grade cookie dough and coffee sale fundraiser is from Monday to Nov. 2. Items will be delivered before the Thanksgiving holiday.
Hammond Elementary: (813) 792-5120
• Casino Night is from 6:30 to 11 p.m. Oct. 30 at Heritage Harbor Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway. Cost is $30 in advance and $35 at the door. The event includes a $2,500 chip voucher, appetizers, games, and live music from a Sinatra Impersonator. Child-sitting available. All proceeds benefit the school.
Adams Middle: (813) 975-7665
• The Family Fun Day is from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday. The event features face painting, a bounce house and more.
Benito Middle: (813) 631-4694
• The PTA Reflections reception is at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the media center.
Gaither Adult and Community High School: (813) 632-6823
• Community education and general adult classes are available. Registration is 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday in the school's main office, 16200 N Dale Mabry Highway.
Freedom High School: (813) 558-1185
• Cement your place in history by buying a brick at the 9/11 commemorative flagpole. Bricks cost $50 to $80.
King High School: (813) 744-8333
• To buy an ad for the yearbook, call ext. 260.
• Yearbooks can be purchased for $78.50 online at yearbooks.biz. Use school code 834.
Sickles High School: (813)
• An ACT prep class is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in rooms 903 and 905.
Independent Day School: (813) 404-6700
• The 15th annual Kids Classic Golf Benefit is at 11 a.m. Monday at Avila Golf and Country Club, 943 Guisando De Avila. Cost is $225 each person and $850 for a foursome. Visit idsyes.com.
Life Enrichment Center: (813) 932-0241
• Introduction to computers classes are Mondays through Nov. 9. The level 1 class is at 1 p.m. The level 2 class is at 2:15 p.m. Cost is $50.
• A live model portrait painting class is from 10 a.m. to noon Mondays through Nov. 16. The cost is $75.
• Tai Chi classes are Mondays through Nov. 16 at the Museum of Science and Industry, 4801 E Fowler Ave. The beginners class is from 6 to 7 p.m.; the intermediate class is from 7 to 8 p.m. Cost is $60.