Anime night: Enjoy some popcorn and the latest in anime titles on a large screen from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Temple Terrace Public Library, 202 Bullard Parkway. Call (813) 506-6770.
Valentines galore: Children in kindergarten through fifth grade can make creative valentines for friends and family at 11 a.m. Saturday at the Lutz Branch Library, 101 W Lutz Lake Fern Road. Call (813) 273-3652.
Glee-light: Activities with themes based on the TV show Glee and the Twilight series will be 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. Saturday at the Jimmie B. Keel Library, 2902 W Bearss Ave. Call (813) 273-3652.
Rotary Club speech contest: The Tampa Upper Bay Rotary Club seeks Westchase-area high school students to compete in an annual speech contest. Win cash prizes of $100, $500 or $1,000. Call (813) 792-0204.
Good grades: Students with all A's and/or B's get free admission to the Florida Aquarium with a paying adult. The offer is good for one month from when the report card was issued. Call (813) 273-4000 or visit flaquarium.org.
Bryant Elementary: (813) 356-1645
• Honor a veteran by buying a brick for the Veterans Memorial at the flagpole at the front of the school. Get a paver engraved with name, branch and years of service for $20.
Deer Park Elementary: (813) 854-6031
• The Daddy Daughter Dance is 6 to 8 tonight.
Schwarzkopf Elementary: (813) 975-6945
• The Student Council is accepting quarters for earthquake victims in Haiti through today. The money will go to the Red Cross.
Benito Middle: (813) 631-4694
• The school is accepting donated nonperishable items to send to earthquake victims in Haiti.
• Become a Benito Business partner. Call (813) 631-4694, ext. 238, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Freedom High: (813) 558-1185
• Cement your place in history by buying a brick at the 9/11 commemorative flagpole; $50-$80.
Gaither Adult and Community High: (813) 632-6823
• Community education and general adult classes available. Registration 5:30-7:30 p.m. Monday to Thursday in main office, 16200 N Dale Mabry Highway.
King High: (813) 744-8333
• Embroidered hoodies are on sale for $23. Call (813) 765-3077 or visit king.mysdhc.org.
Wharton High: (813) 631-4710
• The Wharton 5K run, walk and 1-mile fun run starts at 8 a.m. Saturday. The cost of the 5K is $25. The cost of the fun run is $5. All proceeds benefit the "Wishes for Wharton" foundation.
Life Enrichment Center: (813) 932-0241
• Watercolor workshop 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $40.
• A "Pages of My Life — Writing Your Autobiography" class runs 10 a.m. to noon Fridays through March 12. Cost: $100.
• An "Everyday Spanish" class runs 10 a.m. to noon Mondays though March 22. Cost: $80, plus $21.50 for course materials.