Wesley Chapel chamber to meet
The Greater Wesley Chapel Chamber of Commerce monthly breakfast is at 8 a.m. Tuesday at Lexington Oaks Golf Club. Cost is $5. The chamber will celebrate 10 years with A Red Carpet Affair on Sept. 25. There will be an awards banquet and the installation of the board of directors. Call (813) 994-8534.
Leaders encourage kids to be readers
Leaders are Readers, a program to encourage reading, will celebrate library card sign-up month during September.
Local leaders will visit branches of the Pasco County Library System to read during storytime or to speak to the teens about leadership.
• Dr. Rao Musunuru will read at 6 p.m. Tuesday at Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road.
• On Thursday, Michele Baker, chief assistant county administrator, will read at 10:45 a.m., also at Hudson Library.
• Commissioner Pat Mulieri will read at 6 p.m. Sept. 9 at Land O'Lakes Library, 2818 Collier Parkway.
• At 11 a.m. Sept. 10, Commissioner Ann Hildebrand will read at Centennial Park Library, 5740 Moog Road.
• Brian Corley, supervisor of elections, will read at 6 p.m. Sept. 16 at Centennial Park Library.
• Sen. Mike Fasano will read at 11 a.m. Sept. 17 at Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road.
• At 6 p.m. Sept. 23, school superintendent Heather Fiorentino will read at Regency Park Library, 9701 Little Road.
• At 11 a.m. Sept. 24, County Administrator John Gallagher, will read at Regency Park Library, 9701 Regency Park Library.
• Commissioner Michael Cox will read at 6 p.m. Sept. 29 at Regency Park Library.
For more information, call (727) 861-3020.
Training can help you stand up for yourself
The Greater Hernando County Chamber of Commerce will offer a course in assertiveness training to members and the public for two hours each Monday from 6 to 8 p.m. Sept. 22 though Oct. 27 in the Capital City Bank Conference Room at 14203 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill.
Topics include comparing assertive and aggressive behavior styles with hands-on situation analysis; cause of non-assertive, assertive and aggressive behaviors; recognizing and stating needs and limits; and when to walk away.
Cost is $60 for chamber members and $120 for others. Call the chamber at (352) 796-0697, ext. 18, to register.
Volunteers needed to help clean waterways
Volunteers are needed for the annual Coastal Cleanup and Central Pasco Waterways Cleanup, which takes place 8 a.m. to noon Sept. 20.
Site captains are Betsy Crisp, Pasco County Extension Family and Consumer Sciences faculty member for the University of Florida; and Kurt Conover, director of business development for Regional Medical Center of Bayonet Point.
Call Crisp at (727) 996-7341, ext. 4288; or Conover at (727) 861-5141.
Take your pick: dinner, dance, bingo
The Knights of Columbus Father Farrell Council 6476, 2040 Grand Blvd. in Holiday, offers non-smoking bingo each Sunday at 1 p.m. Doors open at 11 a.m.
Each Friday, the council offers a dinner dance with dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. and dancing 7 to 10 p.m.
Cost is $11 for both or $5 just for the dance. Call (727) 934-8025.