The Pasco County Extension Service is offering the following seminars throughout April.
• Florida Wildflowers, 9 to 11 a.m. April 2 at the Pasco Extension, Pasco County Fairgrounds — Clayton Auditorium, 36702 State Road 52, Dade City. Many beautiful wildflowers grace Pasco landscapes. Discover what's growing in your back yard and which ones to cultivate for seasonal beauty. Free.
• Florida-Friendly Landscapes: How Do Homeowners Associations Fit In?, 6:30 to 7:40 p.m. April 5 at the Hudson Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson. Wondering how homeowners associations direct your landscape plans? Discover what the rules are if you live in a community association. Free.
• Green Industries — Best Management Practices Training and Testing. Two separate sessions will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. April 5 and April 27 at the Pasco Cooperative Extension, 36702 State Road 52, Dade City. This program is designed to give lawn and landscape professionals continuing education hours for certifications while learning more about ways to increase the beauty of landscapes and conserving water and other resources through more environmentally friendly landscape maintenance practices. There is a $25 registration fee that includes all materials, testing, CEU's and lunch. To register or if you are a county employee, call (352) 521-0231 for more information and registration. Municipal employees are not charged/free.
• Irrigation/Micro Irrigation, 9 to 11 a.m. April 9 at Land O'Lakes Community Center, 5401 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (U.S. 41). Irrigation may not be super exciting, but if plants don't receive proper irrigation, they may not be super healthy either. Learn how to calibrate your irrigation system, learn when to change the frequency of irrigation and trouble-shoot problems. Free.
• Growing Fruit Trees, 10 to 11 a.m. April 16 at Home Depot, 10017 Highway 19, Port Richey. Join an experienced extension master gardener who will discuss selecting the right fruit trees for Pasco County and how to care for them. Question-and-answer period will follow the 30-minute presentation.
For information, contact B.J. Jarvis at (352) 518-0156.