NEW PORT RICHEY
Seniors can get free legal advice at CARES centers
Attorneys with Helping the Elderly with Legal Problems (HELP) will offer free half-hour consultations by appointment beginning at 1 p.m. on the following dates:
• Thursday and Jan. 24, Feb. 10 and 24, and March 10 and 24 at the CARES Claude Pepper Senior Center, 6640 Van Buren St., New Port Richey. Call (727) 844-3077.
• Jan. 18, Feb. 1 and 15, and March 1 and 15 at the CARES Rao Musunuru Enrichment Center, 12417 Clock Tower Parkway, Hudson. Call (727) 863-6868.
Fishing club now taking applications
The South Pasco Bassmasters fishing club is accepting applications for membership at its next meeting, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Rapscallions, 4422 Land O'Lakes Blvd. For information, visit southpascobassmasters.com.
Learn to use photo software, e-mail
CARES Elfers hosts a Picasa class from 10 a.m. to noon Jan. 24 at the center, 4136 Barker Drive. Picasa is a free software program designed to help users edit, organize and share digital photos. The center also hosts a basic e-mail class from 10 a.m. to noon Jan. 26. Learn how to set up and use Outlook Express. Each class costs $11. For information, call (727) 848-1290.
NEW PORT RICHEY
Classes help families cope with mentally ill
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is planning a free 12-week course called Family to Family for the family members and caregivers of adults with serious mental illnesses.
The class is from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Thursdays from Jan. 27 to April 14 in conference room C at Community Hospital, 5637 Marine Parkway. NAMI is also planning a free six-week course called NAMI Basics for the parents and primary caregivers of children and adolescents who have mental illnesses. The class is from 6 to 9 p.m. Fridays from Feb. 18 to March 25 at Hudson United Methodist Church, 13123 U.S. 19, Hudson. Registration is required for both courses. Call (727) 992-9653 or visit namipasco.org.
Eight-week program offers help with grief
HPH Hospice will host Grief's Journey bereavement groups, a free eight-week program for newly bereaved adults or those who are coming to terms with their grief over the death of a loved one. Groups meet on the following dates:
• 6:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays from Jan. 11 to March 1 at HPH's south Pasco office, 4422 Grand Blvd., New Port Richey.
• 2 to 3:30 p.m. Wednesdays from Jan. 19 to March 9 at HPH's east Pasco office, 37445 Clinton Ave., Dade City.
• 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays from Jan. 20 to March 10 at HPH's north Pasco office, 12029 Majestic Blvd., Hudson.
Preregistration is required. Call toll-free at 1-800-486-8784.