Girl, 13, is charged in violent rampage
A 13-year-old girl was arrested Tuesday on charges that she threw a knife at her pregnant sister and tried to strangle her mother with a belt, the Pasco County Sheriff's Office reported.
The Times is withholding the girl's name because of her age.
It is unclear what sparked the fight about 4 p.m. Tuesday, but the girl first threw a glass at her pregnant sister, then flung the knife, the report said.
When the mother tried to pull her daughters apart, the girl picked up a black leather belt from the floor, wrapped it around her mother's neck and squeezed it from behind, the report said.
She was arrested on charges of aggravated domestic battery by strangulation and aggravated domestic assault and taken to the juvenile assessment center.
NEW PORT RICHEY
Man on bail accused in string of break-ins
Matthew "Ziggy" Sigman was out on bail on burglary charges when, authorities say, he went on a run of break-ins, hitting five businesses in as many days.
According to reports from the Pasco County Sheriff's Office, Sigman, 40, is accused of smashing through the glass doors at the following businesses:
• Heads Up Salon, 3511 U.S. 19 in Holiday, where a digital camera and some black trays were stolen Jan. 27.
• New Shanghai, 6133 State Road 54 in New Port Richey, where cash was taken Jan. 28.
• Continental Alterations, 7815 Congress St. in New Port Richey, where cash was taken Jan. 31.
• Continental Hair Design, 7813 Congress St. in New Port Richey, where cash was taken Jan. 31.
• Majic Scissor, 3659 U.S. 19 in Holiday, where cash and electronic games were stolen Jan. 31.
Sigman, of 6834 Lassen Ave. in New Port Richey, faces nine burglary charges from these and earlier break-ins. He was held Wednesday in Land O'Lakes Jail in lieu of $70,000 bail.