Plenty of fireworks for everyone
If you missed out on the fireworks in downtown New Port Richey on Saturday — or you didn't get enough — check out the Sparklebration event in Dade City this Fourth of July. Gates open at 4 p.m. Friday at the Pasco County Fairgrounds, 36722 State Road 52. Admission is $3 adults, and free for children 10 and under; parking is $5. Aside from the big fireworks show at 9:15 p.m., the event features watermelon, hot dog and pie eating contests, live music and animal shows. Can't wait until the Fourth? The fairgrounds will also host the Star-Spangled Spectacular, a night of patriotic music and song, at 7 p.m. Thursday. Tickets are $12 in advance or $15 at the door. Children 10 and under admitted free. For information on both events, call (352) 567-6678 or visit www.pascocountyfair.com.
•The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10167 will hold a Fourth of July ceremony at 11 a.m. Friday at the post, 4619 Bartelt Road in Holiday. If you have any tattered old American flags, bring them to the post for proper disposal. For information, call (727) 938-5977.
• A number of west Pasco organizations will hold picnics to celebrate Independence Day. The Polish American Social Club will get an early start with an indoor picnic at 10 a.m. Wednesday at 7615 New Jersey Ave., Hudson. There will be sloppy joes, hot dogs and games with prizes. Cost: $5. For information, call Marcella at (352) 597-5908 or Dolores at (352) 596-4802.
Picnics on the actual 4th include:
• 2 p.m. at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 7987, 7445 Chester McKay Drive, New Port Richey, (727) 376-3502. Menu includes hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, sides dishes. Cost: $3. Music from 3 to 6 p.m.
• 2 p.m. at Tawney VFW Post 4412, 13129 Colony Road, Hudson, (727) 856-0051. Cookout and music. Menu prices vary.
• 4 to 6:30 p.m. picnic dinner at American Legion Paradise Post 79, 5329 Legion Place in New Port Richey, (727) 842-4378. Menu features barbecued chicken. Entertainment provided by Marty and the Nice Guys from 5 to 10 p.m. Cost: $7.50.
• 4 p.m. at Moose Lodge 1429, 1936 Abacus Road, Holiday, (727) 937-9030. Menu features barbecued ribs, potato salad, baked beans, corn on the cob and Texas toast. Cost: $7.95. Karaoke at 7 p.m.
• 4 to 6 p.m. at VFW Randolph Ford Post 7845, 6315 Stone Road, Port Richey, (727) 847-6277. Picnic fare; music by Sharon from 6 to 9 p.m. Cost: $4.
Pasco County Commission candidate John Nicolette helped arrange the sale of land for a business and housing development by a waste company. Nicolette was not involved when the company bought property for a possible landfill. A story Sunday in the Pasco Times misstated Nicolette's role.
Body, Michael F.
Ford, Lawrence G. "Larry"
Gromer, Alice Marie
Machado, Georgie Jose
Seery, Katina M.
Welshans, Robert L. "Bob"
This list is from detailed obituaries published in Section B.