Pharmaworks chief receives service award
PharmaWorks Inc., a small Pasco company, was honored this month by the Manufacturers Association of Florida. Company president Peter Buczynsky was awarded the "industry distinguished service award," which recognizes professionals dedicated to training young people. For several years, Buczynsky has been involved in the Pasco community, serving on several boards, coaching a robotics team and working with students. Founded in 2001, PharmaWorks repairs large machines that seal pills into plastic and foil blister packages. The company, which moved from Hillsborough to Odessa in 2005, also builds its own line of equipment. Last year, PharmaWorks also was lauded by the Manufacturers Association of Florida and named "manufacturer of the year" in the category of businesses with up to 60 employees.
Christmas tree recycling available
The stockings have been emptied and the presents unwrapped, and pretty soon it will be time to take down the Christmas tree. Instead of tossing it to the curb, consider recycling it. Pasco parks are accepting trees through Jan. 6 to be chipped into mulch. Remove all tinsel, decorations and hooks and drop off at any of the following sites:
• Veterans Memorial Park, 14333 Hicks Road, Hudson.
• Anclote Gulf Park, 2305 Baillie's Bluff Road, Holiday.
• Jay B. Starkey Wilderness Park, 10500 Wilderness Park Road, New Port Richey.
• Elsie Logan/Shady Hills Park, 15840 Green Glen Lane, Shady Hills.
• West Pasco Class III, 14230 Hays Road, Shady Hills.
• Land O'Lakes Community Center, 5401 Land O'Lakes Blvd. (U.S. 41), Land O'Lakes.
• Wesley Chapel Regional Park, 7727 Boyette Road (north end at Overpass Road), Wesley Chapel.
• John S. Burks Memorial Park, 1322 Gene Nelson Blvd., Dade City.
• Sam W. Pasco Recreational Complex, 9835 Chancey Road, Zephyrhills.
NEW PORT RICHEY
Volunteers sought for Hacienda work
Volunteers are needed for the Hacienda Hotel Community Clean-Up scheduled for 8 to 11:30 a.m. on Jan. 12. Lunch will be provided. Volunteers must sign up by Jan. 9. Email Marilyn Mercado at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (727) 853-1021.
Program offered for older drivers
Keeping Us Safe is offering a program designed to help older drivers and their families to make driving decisions in response to age-related diminished driving skills. Beyond Driving with Dignity includes a three-hour individualized session which takes place in the older driver's home and features an in-depth interview with the older driver, input from family members, cognitively based screening tools, a review of medical history, and on-road driving exercise. The program costs $350 and includes the three-hour session, workbook and summary report. The fee also includes free followup visits. This program is available throughout all of Tampa Bay. Visit www.keepingussafe.org or call (877) 907-8841 for more information.