Plenty of places to celebrate New Year's
To welcome 2010, various groups and organizations will host New Year's Eve celebrations Dec. 31:
• African American Club of Hernando County's New Year's Eve Celebration, 9 p.m. to 1 a.m., Regency Oaks Clubhouse, 4445 Breakwater Blvd., Spring Hill. A light snack and champagne will be served at midnight. Guests can bring their own snacks and beverages. Tickets are $15 per person. Call (352) 597-8098.
• Brooksville Elks New Year's Eve Party, 14494 Cortez Blvd., west of Brooksville. Hors d'oeuvres will be served from 6 to 6:30 p.m.; at 7 p.m. there will be an appetizer followed by dinner. Menu choice is filet mignon in wine sauce, citrus baked salmon or stuffed baked chicken. Music and entertainment provided by Stan Prinston. Tickets are $50, which includes an open bar (well drinks and wine); top shelf drinks are $1 each. Call Bill Balderson at (352) 585-2730.
• German American Club of Spring Hill's New Year's Eve Dinner/Dance, Hernando County Shrine Club, 13400 Montour St., off Sunshine Grove Road, west of Brooksville. Doors open at 6 p.m., with dinner served from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. and dancing from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. Music provided by Alpen Diamanten. There will be a champagne toast and sandwiches at midnight. Guests can bring their own beverages. Dress is semi-formal to formal. Tickets are $30 for members, $40 for nonmembers. Call Lisa Yaskulski at (352) 688-3744.
• Hernando Beach Club's New Year's Eve Party, 7 p.m., 3145 Flamingo Blvd., Hernando Beach. A full-course prime rib dinner will be served and music for dancing provided by DJs Gary and Marty. There will be a champagne toast at midnight and a continental breakfast along with an open bar (premium liquor brands are $2 per drink). Tickets are $55 each. Reservations and prepayment required by Friday. Call Judi at (352) 684-3547.
• Knights of Columbus Council 11317 New Year's Eve Party, St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, parish hall, 13485 Spring Hill Drive, Spring Hill. Doors open at 7 p.m. Dinner choice is roast prime of beef or Cornish hen. Music provided by Sounds Inc. Guests can bring their own drinks (setups provided). A champagne toast and continental breakfast will be provided. Tickets are $40 each, available at the parish office between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to noon Friday or after each Mass. Call the office at (352) 688-0663 or Paul D'Aquisto at (352) 688-1685.
• Latin American Civic and Cultural Association's New Year's Eve Gala, 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., SNPJ Hall, 13383 County Line Road, Spring Hill. Music provided by DJ Mambo Mandy. Guests can bring their own drinks, but no large coolers will be permitted. Tickets are $15 for members, $20 for nonmembers, $7 for children. Prepaid reservations are required. Call Ana Burgos at (352) 688-0763, Irma Puente at (352) 666-6848 or Carmen Shannon at (352) 592-8494.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 10209 New Year's Eve Celebration, 14736 Edward R. Noll Drive, Spring Hill. Doors open at 7 p.m., dinner at 8. The dinner choice is prime rib or chicken. Entertainment provided by Vintage (Rusty and Nick) from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. Tickets are $40 each or $75 per couple. Call (352) 796-0398.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8681 New Year's Eve Party, 7 p.m. to 1 a.m., 18940 Drayton St., at County Line Road, Shady Hills. Includes live music and food. Tickets are $7 each. Call the post at (727) 856-1860 or Bob at (352) 428-7550.
• Aripeka Elks Lodge 2520 Gala New Year's Eve Party, 9135 Denton Ave., Hudson. Doors open at 7 p.m. A prime rib dinner will be served. There will be an open bar and champagne toast at midnight. Music provided by Twist. Breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, toast and coffee will be served after midnight. Tickets are $55 per person. Reservations are required. Call Judi, (727) 868-2994.