Recycling club wants outdated phone books
Don't throw out those old phone books just yet! The RESORCE Recycling Club will hold its third annual phone book recycling drive next month. Last year, the club collected 3 tons of old phone books. The goal this year is 5 tons. Collections will run at the times and locations listed below.
Locations accepting phone books from 9 to 11 a.m. July 12 and 19 only:
• Home Depot at U.S. 19 and Flora Avenue in Holiday.
• Home Depot at Little and Ridge roads in New Port Richey.
• Home Depot at U.S. 19 and Fox Hollow Drive in Port Richey.
• Publix in the Fairway Oaks Plaza at Hudson Avenue and Little Road in Hudson.
• Publix at Seven Springs Boulevard and Chelsea Place in New Port Richey.
• Publix at Decubellis and Ridge roads in New Port Richey.
Locations accepting phone books all week from July 12-19:
• Pampered Plumber at 10720 State Road 54, Suite 101, at the corner of Duck Slough in Trinity (get a $50-off coupon).
• Stop-n-Play at 10933 U.S. 19 in Port Richey (get two free tokens per phone book).
• Shady Hills Community Center at 15840 Green Glen Lane in Shady Hills, open 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Verizon store at Gulf View Square Mall on U.S. 19 in Port Richey.
• CARES Elfers Senior Center at 4137 Barker St. in Elfers.
To volunteer with this drive, call the club at (727) 869-2881 or visit www.resorce.net.
Man is accused of making threats
Note to self: If you ever get really angry and decide to call 911 and say you're going to kill cops, don't do it from your home phone. And especially don't do it three times in one night. According to an arrest report, William Garcia, 25, of Wesley Chapel was upset early Saturday morning about a relative who was in a car accident. The report does not say how that emotion translated to anger at law enforcement officers. But Garcia was cross, the report said, and called 911 three times and cursed at dispatchers. "I will kill a cop and every cop that dies deserves it," he told an operator, according to the report. Deputies showed up at Garcia's house and arrested him on charges of making a false 911 call and threatening a public servant. He was released from the Land O'Lakes jail on Saturday.
See just how safe it is in your neighborhood. Page 5.
Newman, Ralph Anderson II
This list is from detailed obituaries published in Section B.