The Pinellas County School District will offer free drivers education this summer in two sessions to public and private school students who haven't yet graduated from high school. Students must be residents of Pinellas County.
Registration begins Monday. Only 40 students will be accepted per session.
Each session has 10 class days from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Session 1 is June 9-12, 16-19 and 23-24. Session 2 is June 25, 26 and 30, and July 1-3 and 7-10.
Students must be at least 15 years old and have a learner's permit or operator's license when the session begins. If a student misses two classes, they will be withdrawn from the course (three tardies will equal one absence).
To register, select a site from this list and call the school directly. The site must confirm the registration before it is official:
• Boca Ciega High School, Bob Medici or Randy Shuman, (727) 893-2780, ext. 2158. First session only.
• Clearwater High School, Tom Shaneyfelt or James Casey, (727) 298-1620, ext. 2172.
• Countryside High School, Kevin O'Sullivan or Scott Hernon, (727) 725-7956, ext. 2059.
• Dixie Hollins High School, Lynn Keiser or Tim Lopez, (727) 547-7876, ext. 2002.
• Dunedin High School, Brian Bruch or Robert Beckman, (727) 469-4100. Email [email protected]
• East Lake High School, John Baker or Vincent Parisi, (727) 669-1131, ext. 2250.
• Lakewood High School, Anthony Givins or Victor Williams, (727) 893-2916, ext. 2368.
• Northeast High School, Dave Redding or Larry Rudisill, (727) 570-3138, ext. 1133.
• Osceola High School, Pete Eagleson or David Angelo, (727) 547-7717.
• Pinellas Park High School, Ralph Young or Paul Hanson, (727) 538-7410, ext. 2102.
• St. Petersburg High School, Chris Blackwell or Dusty Boylson, (727) 893-1842. Email [email protected]