Registration for day camps begins Saturday
Registration dates are near for the Pasco County Parks and Recreation Department's summer day camps. Camps run from June 22 to July 31 for children ages 5 to 13 (children completing pre-K are not eligible). Registration dates are:
• Shady Hills Community Center, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Call (727) 856-7831 for information.
• Jay B. Starkey Wilderness Park, 6 to 8 p.m. April 7. Call (727) 834-3474 for information.
• James Irvin Civic Center, 3:30 to 6 p.m. April 13. Call (352) 521-4166 for information.
• Land O'Lakes Community Center, 9 a.m. to noon April 18. Call (813) 929-1229 for information.
• Veterans Memorial Park, 9 a.m. to noon April 18. Call (727) 861-3033 for information.
• Odessa Park Community Center, 5 to 7 p.m. April 24. Call (813) 926-1141 for information.
• Land O'Lakes Recreation Complex, 9 a.m. to noon April 25. Call (813) 929-1220 for information.
• Holiday Recreation Complex, 9 a.m. to noon April 25. Call (727) 934-4198 for information.
• Lacoochee Elementary, 3:30 to 6 p.m. April 27. Call (352) 521-4166 for information.
Trips planned for racing, baseball
The CARES Elfers Senior Center has lined up new excursions:
• April 18: Horse races at Tampa Bay Downs. Cost of $28 includes transportation, entrance, program, buffet and reserved seating. Bus leaves the CARES Elfers Center, 4136 Barker Drive at 10:15 a.m.
• May 17: Tampa Bay Rays vs. Cleveland Indians. Cost of $40 includes transportation, field entrance and a free hat. Food at stadium is at your own expense. Bus leaves the CARES Elfers Center at 11 a.m. Hudson residents can catch the bus at 11:45 a.m. at the CARES Rao Musunuru, M.D. Enrichment Center, 12417 Clock Tower Parkway in Hudson.
For information or to register for either trip, call the CARES Elfers Center Travel Office at (727) 848-3387.
NEW PORT RICHEY
Six-week sessions to stop smoking
If you're ready to quit smoking but need a little help, check out one of the free tobacco cessation programs starting this week. The six-week sessions are facilitated by the Gulfcoast North Area Health Education Center. The groups will meet at:
• 9 a.m. Tuesdays through May 5 at Morton Plant North Bay Hospital, 6600 Madison St., New Port Richey, first floor classroom. To register, call (813) 929-1000, ext. 213.
• 2 to 3 p.m. Tuesdays through May 5 at Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point, 14000 Fivay Road, Hudson, in the Cafeteria "Shoreline" conference room. To register, call (813) 929-1000 ext. 213.
• 10 to 11 a.m. Thursdays through May 7 at the Good Samaritan Clinic, 5334 Aspen St., New Port Richey. To register, call (727) 848-7789.