public invited TO Candidate forum OCT. 24
Safety Harbor residents are invited to the 2012 Candidate Forum from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Oct. 24 at the Safety Harbor City Commission chambers, 750 Main St. The forum will be hosted by the League of Women Voters. Arrive at 5:30 p.m. and submit your questions for the candidates. The forum begins at 6 p.m. The candidates for Commission Seat 1 are Richard Blake, Ray R. Irvin and Robert "Bobby" Saltzman. Residents who cannot make it to the event can watch it live at cityofsafetyharbor.com or when it replays on Safety Harbor's TV channel (Bright House channel 615, Knology channel 15, Verizon FiOS channel 25). For more information regarding the candidate forum, call the Chamber of Commerce at (727) 726-2890.
Farmers market returns to gazebo
The Thursday farmers market is back for the season, offering produce, other foods and flowers at the gazebo in John Wilson Park, 401 Main St. The farmers market is open 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursdays through the end of May. For additional information about the market, call (727) 724-1572.
New events at East Branch Library
The East Branch Library, 2251 Drew St., has a variety of programs for all age groups on tap for the fall season. All events listed are free.
• The monthly Mystery Readers Club, at noon Tuesday, and Nov. 13 and Dec. 11. Join the Mystery Readers Club in a lively discussion of books covering the theme for the month. Adults.
• A Stitch in Time, 2 p.m. Fridays. It's a weekly get-together creating items to donate for those in need. Adults.
• Raptors, 2 p.m. Oct. 25. Moccasin Lake Park's Roving Naturalist discusses birds of prey in a program that's suitable for the whole family.
• Viva Saturdays! At noon every Saturday, folks share stories in English and Spanish with the whole family while making themed crafts.
• Halloween and Day of the Dead Celebration, 2 to 4 p.m. Oct. 27. Celebrate these holidays with books, music and crafts for the family.
• The Yearling book discussion, 2 p.m. Nov. 3. Discussion of Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings' classic novel. For adults.