New Port Richey
Salvation Army accepts calls for holiday help
Applications are being accepted through Friday for the Salvation Army Christmas Assistance Program. The program provides a holiday food box to adults and a food box and/or Christmas toys to families with children. All applicants must provide the following: a valid driver's license or state-issued ID, a Social Security card for all family members, birth certificates if a child's last name is not the same as the applicant's, guardianship papers if the applicant is a child's appointed guardian, proof of income, and proof of Pasco County residency. For information, call Jean Coulter at (727) 847-6321, ext. 101.
District honors administrators
The Pasco County school district has recognized several administrators for special honors as employees of the year. They are:
• Carin Nettles, secondary principal (Wesley Chapel High)
• Kara Smucker, elementary principal (Gulf Highlands Elementary)
• Joanne Glenn, secondary assistant principal (Pasco eSchool)
• Latoya Jordan, elementary assistant principal (Cox Elementary)
• Aimee Boltze, department director (staff development)
• Saybra Chapman and Betsy Kuhn, department supervisors (tie) (employee assistance; employee relations)
• Summer Romagnoli, professional-technical administrator (government affairs/public relations)
The administrators will be formally introduced at the Pasco Education Foundation's annual celebration in January, at the same time that the teacher of the year is announced. The finalists for teacher of the year have not been selected.
New Port Richey
Society will host Veterans Day event
The West Pasco Historical Society will host a Veterans Day event with tributes to veterans and refreshments at 10:30 a.m. Saturday. The morning begins with a welcome to veterans at the society's museum at 6431 Circle Blvd., followed by a march around Orange Lake, a flag-raising ceremony and a tour of the museum. There also will be refreshments and a reading of the U.S. Constitution. Military vehicles will be parked at the museum for the event. The American Legion Paradise Post 79 and the Chester McKay VFW Post 7987 are also volunteering for the event, which is free and open to the public. Veterans are encouraged to share stories of their service at the event. For information, go to westpascohistoricalsociety.org or call (727) 372-1742.
For detailed obituaries, see the Tampa Bay section.