Bryant Elementary: (813) 356-1645: Volunteers are needed to help stamp and prepare new books for teachers. This is a great opportunity for middle and high school students to earn volunteer hours. Stop in any day between 7:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
The Back-to-School Uniform Sale is at the school on the following dates and times:
• From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 11
• From 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Aug. 12
• From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 13
• From 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Aug. 14
• From 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. Aug. 15
• From 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through Sept. 17.
Citrus Park Elementary: (813) 558-5356: Gifted teacher Judith Fell joined the Earthwatch Institute Bahamian Reef Survey team on an eight-day expedition in San Salvador from June 25 through July 5.
Deer Park Elementary: (813) 854-6031: The uniform preview sale is 7 to 10 a.m. and 4 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday and Aug. 8. The school Meet-and-Greet is 1 to 2 p.m. and 6 to 7 p.m. Aug. 15. Open House is from 6 to 8 p.m.
Hammond Elementary: (813) 792-5120: Uniforms are now mandatory; pick up yours from 2 to 7 p.m. Wednesday in the cafeteria.
Incarnation Catholic School: (813) 884-4502: Register for pre-K4 through eighth grade for the 2008-09 school year. Children in pre-K4, kindergarten and first grade must be 4, 5 and 6 years old, respectively, by Sept. 1.
Adams Middle School: (813) 975-7665: The Parent Teacher Student Association seeks members, especially students. The cost is $6. The Alumni Square has been established with 55 bricks. Buy a 4 by 8 engraved brick for $25 and have it installed in one of the school's new gardens. Call (813) 975-7665, ext. 215.
Learning Is for Everyone: (813) 792-7411: High school-age students interested in math and science are invited to join the FIRST Tech Challenge robotics team. The group will meet weekly in Odessa.
A+ Tutoring Center: (813) 926-8534: Camp Genius is for preschoolers to high school seniors. Sessions start at $75 and last a week each through Aug. 8 at the center, 8331 Gunn Highway, Citrus Park.
Summer Food Service Program: Free nutritious lunches and afternoon snacks are available to children at more than 130 locations. The program runs until Aug. 15. Call (813) 276-2092.
Summer Reading: The Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative summer "Wander the Wide World of Reading" features programs for children in kindergarten through fifth grade, including music, magic and comedy. Call (813) 273-3652 or visit hcplc.org.
School bus stops: Meetings for parents interested in knowing their children's bus stops are at 5:30 p.m. at the following dates and locations: Monday in the Chamberlain High School media center, 9401 N Boulevard; and Wednesday in the Jefferson High School auditorium, 4401 W Cypress St.
Back-to-school physicals and immunizations: Get free backpacks and school supplies while getting immunized. Free school physicals are for any school-age child entering a Florida school for the first time. No sports, Head Start or child care physicals will be available. Events include the following dates:
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 16 at the Town 'N Country Recreation Center, 6039 Hanley Road. Appointment required. Call (813) 870-4747.
• 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 16 at University Area Community Health Center, 13601 N 22nd St. Call (813) 870-4747.
The Life Enrichment Center: (813) 932-0241, 9704 N Boulevard.
• Acrylic and oil painting: Learn the basics from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays through Aug. 13. The cost is $75 for the six-week course.
• Watercolor painting: Expand your knowledge of the medium from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday evenings through Aug. 19. The cost is $75 for the six-week class.
• Artist trading cards: Create miniature works of art for the sake of art from 10 a.m. to noon Mondays through Aug. 18. The cost is $75 for the six-week class.
• Creative writing: The class meets 10 a.m. to noon Wednesdays. Sign up now. The cost is $6 each session.
• Crochet and knitting: Class meets from 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays. The cost is $4 for each class.
Tai chi: Learn meditation in Yang style tai chi. A beginning class is 6 to 7 p.m., and an intermediate class is 7 to 8 p.m. Mondays starting July 21 through Aug. 25 at the Museum of Science and Industry, 4801 E Fowler Ave. The cost is $60. Call (813) 932-0241.