The following observances of 9/11 are being held today in northern Pinellas County.
• Clearwater Fire and Rescue will conduct a moment of silence. At 9:50 a.m. firefighters will bring vehicles out of the stations with lights on. At 9:58 a.m., firefighters will stand at attention. At 9:59 a.m., Clearwater Fire and Rescue's dispatch department will announce the moment of silence. Flags will be at half-mast.
• The Palms of Largo, 400 Lake Ave. NE, will host a memorial service at 10 a.m. Expected to attend are Mayor Pat Gerard, James Warman, Largo Fire Marshal, Christopher Burke of the Largo Police Department and the Clearwater High School Jr. ROTC. For information, call (727) 437-1600.
• The city of Clearwater will join communities around the world in the universal language of music and the "September Concert."
Locally sponsored by the city, the Clearwater Arts Foundation and Clearwater Sister Cities, the event will begin with a brief ceremony at 6 p.m. on the steps of City Hall, 112 S Osceola Ave.
Mayor Frank Hibbard will give a welcome address and music will be provided by the Dunedin Highland Middle School Band. The concert will follow at Peace Memorial Presbyterian Church across the street.
Local dancers and singers will perform and readings and comments will be given by poet Venus Jones and Ruth Eckerd Hall CEO Robert A. Freedman. The concert will conclude with a worldwide sing-along of Let it Be.
For information, call Margo Walbolt, 562-4809.
• The city of Safety Harbor will host "9/11 Freedom Walk Tribute,'' at 6 p.m. It will begin at Veterans Park, next to the Safety Harbor Marina, 400 Veterans Memorial Way.
The event includes a walking timeline commemorating the events of Sept. 11. A bronze statue to be displayed at the firehouse will be presented to five members of the Safety Harbor Fire Department who helped at Ground Zero.
Admission is free. Parking will be available at Marina Park. The first 50 visitors who bring items for Operation Shoebox Donations, such as hard candy, canned food, toiletries, small board games and crossword puzzles, will receive a T-shirt.
For information, call Kimberly Armitage, (727) 724-1572.
• The city of Oldsmar will hold a "9/11 Service of Remembrance" honoring fallen firefighters at 10 a.m. at Oldsmar Fire Rescue, 225 Pine Ave. N, Oldsmar.
Honor guards from the fire rescue departments of Eastlake, Dunedin, Palm Harbor and Safety Harbor will be on hand. The program includes a reception, a laying of a memorial wreath, bag pipers and a bell tolling.
The event is free. For information, call the fire department, (813) 749-1200.
• The Tarpon Springs police and fire departments will host a Patriot Day ceremony in memory of the Sept. 11 attacks at 9:45 a.m. Thursday at the Tarpon Springs Public Safety Facility, 444 S Huey Ave. The event will include a moment of silence, flag-raising and prayers. Light refreshments will be offered. Open to the public.