• Registration to participate in the New Tampa Wildcats football and cheerleading season is from 9 a.m. to noon Feb. 20 at the New Tampa YMCA, 16221 Compton Drive. Call (813) 838-7450 or visit newtampawildcats.org.
• Registration deadline for children ages 6 to 15 to join the New Tampa Youth Football League's 7-on-7 tackle league is Feb. 28. E-mail [email protected]
The 28th annual Children's Home Celebrity golf classic starts at 8 a.m. Feb. 20 at the Emerald Greens Golf and Country Club, 13941 Clubhouse Drive. Foursomes start at $1,000. Call (813) 864-1532 or visit childrenshome.org.
Adults 50 and older can take yoga and Zumba classes, play Wii and more, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Fridays at the Town 'N Country Senior Center, 7606 Paula Drive. Call (813) 873-6336.
Tampa Venom 10U is seeking skilled players. Call (813) 787-0873 for more information.
• Registration for Friday Night Hoops for children ages 11 to 15 is from 9:30 a.m. to noon Saturday at the Lake Magdalene Gym, 3110 Clay Mangum Lane, and from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the All People's Life Center, 6105 E Sligh Ave. Cost is $250 for each team, $150 if also registered in the Saturday Winter Hoops League. Call (813) 744-5595 ext. 223 or visit hillsboroughcounty.org/parks.
• An adult basketball league is seeking players. The 10 games are scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Mondays at the Roy Haynes Recreation Center, 1902 S Village Drive. Cost is $15. Call (813) 903-3480.
• The Skills Center Junior Magic team is seeking players. Call (813) 391-2841 or (813) 323-3104.
Lutz Lightning fast-pitch seeks skilled players for its 10U team. Call (813) 728-4093; lutzlightning.com.
• Beginner and intermediate Yang style tai chi classes are Mondays at the Life Enrichment Center, 9704 N Boulevard. Cost is $7. Call (813) 932-0241 or go to lifeenrichmenttampa.org.
• Tai chi qigong for adults 50 years and up is at 1:30 p.m. Tuesdays; at 10:45 a.m. Wednesdays; and 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Town 'N Country Senior Center, 7606 Paula Drive. First class is free, the cost is $2 after that. Classes also are from 9:30 to 10 a.m. Wednesdays at the Westshore Senior Center, 4102 W Spruce St. Call (813) 249-7356 or e-mail [email protected]
• Free classes and clinics are from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday at the TreeHouse Yoga Center, 8509 N 29th St. Classes include On the Wall, Intermediate Flow, Yoga Groove and Yoga Basics. Call (813) 932-5456 or visit treehouseyoga.com.
• Try out yoga for free from 6:30 to 7:45 p.m. Mondays at Lotus Pond, 6201 Lynn Road. Call (813) 961-3160 or visit yogalotusroom.
• Ballet for Dummies is at 6 p.m. Thursdays. Classes for ages 3 to adult are Tuesdays and Thursdays; the Center for the Arts Ballet School at the Scottish Rite Center, 5500 Memorial Highway. (813) 887-1979.
• McGinley Academy of Irish Dance is registering beginning dancers. Classes are Saturday afternoons. Call (813) 948-6425.
• Forever Moving, a contemporary dance class for adults, is 10 a.m. to noon Fridays at the Life Enrichment Center, 9704 N Boulevard. The cost is $6 per class. Call (813) 932-0241.
Health and wellness
Learn how to incorporate good nutrition and physical activity into your life from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Thursdays through Feb. 25 at the Life Enrichment Center, 9704 N Boulevard. Call (813) 932-0241 or visit lifeenrichmenttampa.org.