Forum gives you access to mayor and city officials
For one-on-one access to Mayor Bill Foster and other officials, come to the Mayor's Night Out forum at 7 p.m. Thursday at the J.W. Cate Center, 5801 22nd Ave. N.
Representatives of many city departments will be on hand. City brochures, information on the 2010 census and refreshments will be available.
Other forums scheduled include:
• March 11, Sawgrass Lake Elementary, 1815 77th Ave. N
• April 8, Willis Johns Center, 6635 M.L. King Jr. St. N
• May 13, Roberts Center, 1246 50th Ave. N
• Aug. 12, Lake Vista Center, 1401 62nd Ave. S
• Sept. 2, Frank Pierce Center, 2000 Seventh St. S
• Oct. 14, Childs Park Center, 4301 13th Ave. S
• Nov. 4, Gladden Park Center, 3901 30th Ave. N
Mardi Gras ball benefits charities
Enjoy a colorful night at the Mardi Gras Masquerade Ball at 8 p.m. Friday at the Gulfport Casino, 5500 Shore Blvd. S. Tickets are $20 and include Louisiana cuisine and entertainment. Ticket sales and a silent auction will benefit Kiwanis charities including Pinellas Hope and HEAT, a school district project that assist homeless children. For information, call (727) 893-1070.
Keep city a top arts hub with online vote
Cast your vote to keep St. Petersburg a top 25 arts destination for another year. Visit americanstyle.com and click on the American Style Top 25 Arts Destination logo to vote.