The Hernando County Recreation Department will offer:
• Camp Funshine and Sports Camp: June 8-Aug. 3 at Fox Chapel Middle School and Aug. 6-17 at Delta Woods Park. The cost is $85 per week. Camp Funshine is for ages 5-12; sports is for ages 8-12. Breakfast and lunch available.
• Inclusion Camp: July 6-10 and July 13-17. The cost is $85 per week.
• Basketball: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., June 15-19 and/or June 22-26, for ages 8-14, at Challenger K-8 School. Limited to 50 campers. Cost is $85 each week. Extended care is available for an additional $10.
• Volleyball Camp: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 29-July 2, for ages 8-14, at Challenger K-8 School. Participants are to bring their own drinks, snacks, lunch and towel. The cost is $85. Extended care is available for an additional $10.
• Football Camp: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 22-26 at Fox Chapel Middle School and July 13-17 at a Brooksville location to be determined. For ages 8-15. Campers are to bring their own drinks, lunch, snacks, cleats and towel. The cost is $85. Extended care is available for an additional $10.
• Challenger Soccer Camp: June 22-26, Ernie Wever Youth Park. For ages 3-18. Sessions vary from one hour, half-day and a full day. Prices vary from $79 to $160.
• Swim lessons: Session 1 starts June 6; Session 2 starts July 6, The Heather. For ages 3 and older. Morning, afternoon and evening times available. Features eight lessons, twice a week for four weeks; Saturday lessons are eight weeks. The cost is $50.
• Aqua Environmental Camp: June 15-19, Hernando County Recreation's Community Activity Center. For ages 10-14. Trips include Juniper Springs, Indian burial mound, Hunter's Springs, Rainbow River, Fort DeSoto and Aquatica. Campers are to bring drinks, lunch, snack, sunscreen, towel and change of clothes daily. The cost is $185.
• Horsin' Around Camp: June 15-19 or July 13-15, for ages 8-15, at Blair Performance Horses. The cost is $175.
• PADI Scuba Certification Course: July 13-17, for ages 12 and older, at Sunrise Scuba. The cost is $225.
• Wee Chefs and Kids Cook: July 20-24, at Community Activity Center. From 9 to 11 a.m. for Wee Chefs (ages 3-6); 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. for Kids Cook (ages 6-12). $50 for Wee Chefs and $65 for Kids Cook.
• Hands-on Science Camp: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 15-19, June 22-26 and July 13-17, Fox Chapel Middle School. For ages 7-11. The cost is $100.
• Canoe Camp: Aug. 3-7, at Community Activity Center, for ages 10-14. This is a three-day camp (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) with canoeing on Rainbow River, Silver Lake to Withlacoochee River, and Hillsborough River to Trout Creek Park. The cost is $125.
• Theme Parks: June 8-12 and July 20-24, for ages 9-17. Week 1 includes Sea World, Animal Kingdom and MGM Studios. Week 2 includes Universal Studios, Busch Gardens and Islands of Adventure. Camp runs Monday, Wednesday and Friday only. The cost is $200.
• Beach Camp: June 29-July 2, for ages 8-15, at Community Activity Center. Trips include Caladesi Island, Fort DeSoto, Casperon and Blizzard Beach. Campers need to bring drinks, lunch, snack (or money to purchase these), sunscreen, towel and change of clothing. The cost is $150.
• Wildlife Rehabilitation: July 6-10, July 27-31, for ages 11-17, at Community Activity Center. Instruction given on care of orphaned/injured wildlife, animal necropsy and on-site lectures, as well as trips to Disney's Animal Kingdom, Lowry Park Zoo, 100 Acre Wood Wildlife and Hunter Springs (letter of reference and interview required). The cost is $195.
• Water Mania: Aug. 10-14, for ages 9-16, at Community Activity Center. Trips to Rock Springs, Adventure Island, Wet 'n Wild, Wild Waters and Typhoon Lagoon. Campers need to bring drinks, lunch, snack (or money to purchase these), sunscreen, towel and change of clothing. The cost is $180.
• Fishing Camp: June 22-26, for ages 10-15, at Community Activity Center. Trips to Aripeka, Mary's Fish Camp, Fort DeSoto, Crystal River Preserve and Apollo Deep Sea Fishing. The cost is $180. Five deep-sea trip spaces are available for $25.
More information: All summer camp programs require a one-time, nonrefundable $10 registration fee per child. Unless otherwise specified, most camps meet each morning at the Recreation Department's Community Activity Center, 205 E Fort Dade Ave., Brooksville. Call the information hotline at 754-4823 or the Recreation Department at 754-4031.
• • •
The Hernando County Family YMCA will offer numerous camps for children and teens at various locations. Camp themes include adventure, science, sports and the arts. For details, call the YMCA at (352) 688-9622.