Tampa Orchid Club: Jim Clarkson, orchid curator for the USF Botanical Gardens, will talk about orchid basics at 9 a.m. Saturday at the gardens, 12210 USF Pine Drive. Cost is $5 for botanical garden members and $7 for nonmembers. Call (813) 973-0870 or visit tampaorchidclub.info.
Orchid auction: The Tampa Bay Orchid Club fourth annual auction starts at 10 a.m. Saturday at the USF Botanical Gardens, 12210 USF Pine Drive. Call (813) 973-0870 or visit tampaorchidclub.info.
Spring market: Vendors with products pertaining to yard, home and personal beautification are needed for the annual Temple Terrace Garden Club Spring Market from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. April 17 at the Woodmont Clubhouse, 415 Woodmont Ave. Call (813) 928-6950.
Master gardener programs:
• Ed Hobin of the Southwest Florida Water Management District will talk about "Water resources for the future" at 7 p.m. Monday at the Bruton Memorial Library, 302 W McClendon St., Plant City. Call (813) 757-9215.
• Virginia Overstreet will talk about landscape pitfalls at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Charles Fendig Library, 3909 W Neptune St. Call (813) 273-3652.
• Peggy and Darry D Eggleston will talk about orchid basics and repotting at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Riverview Library, 10509 Riverview Drive. Call (813) 273-3652.
• Al Latina will talk about "To prune, or not to prune?" at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Temple Terrace Library, 202 Bullard Parkway. Call (813) 989-7160.
• Home canning of fruits and tomatoes is from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Thursday at the Hillsborough County Extension Service, 5339 County Road 579, Seffner. Register online at canningfruit031810.eventbrite.com. Call (813) 744-5519 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.