SUMMER CAMP AT WILDLIFE PARK: A weeklong Wildlife Ranger Camp for youth ages 10 to 12 will be offered from July 15 to 20 at Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, 4150 S Suncoast Blvd., Homosassa.
The camp will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday, with an overnight stay starting at 4 p.m. Friday and ending with graduation at 11 a.m. Saturday.
Camp topics include mammals, birds, reptiles, manatees, the ocean, sea turtles and saving energy through alternative sources. Indoor and outdoor activities include nature hunts, visiting wildlife areas in the park and other scientific activities.
Each program is limited to 20 campers; the cost is $65 per child and includes a T-shirt and supplies. Applicants must write a short essay on an animal that lives in Florida and why the animal is important. The essay is to be attached to the application.
Applications are available at the park's visitor center. For information, call Tricia Fowler at (352) 628-5343, ext. 1002.
CONCERT SERIES TICKETS AVAILABLE: Season tickets are available for Brookridge Entertainment's 2013-14 concert series. The series kicks off Oct. 10 with Keith Coleman as "Man in Black" Johnny Cash and Leanne Williams paying homage to the women of country music.
Other concerts include:
• Tommy Mara and the Crests on Nov. 14.
• The Marlins on Dec. 12.
• A John Denver tribute with Tom Becker on Jan. 9.
• A night of comedy and song with comedian Karen Rontowski and vocalist Steve Fowler on Feb. 13.
• The Edward Twins on March 13.
• Robin Roth on April 10.
All shows start at 7 p.m. at the Brookridge Clubhouse, 8150 Hampton St., Brookridge.
Several ticket packages are available. For all shows, the cost is $95 for Brookridge residents and $111 for nonresidents; for six shows, $83 for residents and $95 for nonresidents; and for five shows, $69.50 for residents and $80 for nonresidents. Individual show tickets are $20.
For information or to purchase tickets, call Larry or Vivian Schmitz at (352) 610-4901.
BECOME A RED CROSS VOLUNTEER: The American Red Cross needs volunteers in Hernando County. Anyone interested is invited to the following workshops, all at the Hernando County Mining Association Enrichment Center at 800 John Gary Grubbs Blvd., Brooksville:
• Disaster Action Team workshop, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday. Trainees learn the complete flow of procedures that occur when called to respond to a disaster. The Client Casework workshop is a prerequisite for this course.
• Disaster Services: An Overview, 9 to 10 a.m. July 12. Learn about the American Red Cross and the opportunities available to volunteer in disaster relief operations locally and nationally.
• Client Casework: Providing Emergency Assistance, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 12. Learn how to work directly with clients following up Disaster Action Team responses and during disaster relief operations; evaluate disaster-related needs of clients; provide appropriate financial support, and prepare client records.
All workshops are free. For information or to register, contact Alex Glenn at firstname.lastname@example.org.