Wingfest brings food, music to Vinoy Park
The second annual Wingfest, an all-day, outdoor music and food festival, will take place from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday at Vinoy Park, 701 Bayshore Drive NE, in downtown St. Petersburg. The festival will feature more than 15 chicken wing restaurants, four rock and country acts, the Budweiser beer garten and the Jungle Jim's Kid Zone. The event is free, but wings and beer will cost you, so bring some cash.
For more information, visit wingandrockfest.com or call the events team at (404) 456-4655.
Ballots in the mail for March 8 election
The Pinellas Supervisor of Elections Office has begun mailing out more than 20,000 ballots to voters for the March 8 elections. Additional mail ballot requests will be fulfilled as received. To request a mail ballot, visit votepinellas.com, call (727) 464-6788, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are voter registration and voting demonstrations scheduled for the following sites:
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today at the Seminole Community Library, 9200 113th St. N
• 6:15 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Gulfport City Hall, 2401 53rd St. S (candidates forum begins at 7 p.m.)
• 3 to 5 p.m. Friday at the Gulf Beaches Public Library, 200 Municipal Drive, Madeira Beach
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the St. Pete Beach Public Library, 365 73rd Ave.
• 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Tarpon Springs Public Library, 138 Lemon St.